03' LX470 Largest Tire?

JFarris

Wanderer
I just purchased a 2003 Lexus LX470. It is equipped with the AHC system. Is it possible to fit a 33" tire with modifications? If not, what is the biggest tire I can fit, and what has to be done to fit them? Also, would I need a different offset wheel? Thanks for any help.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
You'll likely profit from reading through this thread:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-is-the-largest-tire-i-can-fit-with-no-lift.263259/

and/or this one:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/biggest-tire-size-on-100-series.7520/.

The short answer is yes, 33s will fit. However, as you're also thinking about switching wheels, be sure to attend to the issue of clearance for the brake components. 2003 was the year they went to bigger wheels (17s or optional 18s), and I was told that you cannot, for example, swap on the earlier Hundy 16s due caliper and/or rotor clearance.

Last edited:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
275\70\18 is what I'm planning for my next set of tires. I don't believe there is an issue using 16" wheels on an 03+. I was thinking about doing this myself if I come across a cheap set. I know people have done it in the past.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I don't believe there is an issue using 16" wheels on an 03+. I was thinking about doing this myself if I come across a cheap set. I know people have done it in the past.
I got the "won't work" information from my Lexus service writer when I wanted to go 18-to-16 on my 2005 LX. Apparently I was misinformed. Thanks for straightening this out.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I'd have to dig around on Ih8mud.com to find the posts that talk about wheel size. I'm sure Kurt will chime in when he sees this with factual information.

MTSN

Explorer
16" wheels will work on all years 100 series. 16" wheels were standard until 2003 when 18" became standard, and it is extremely rare if almost unheard of to find US spec 17" 100 wheels. Newer Tundra and 200 series wheels will work however, both of which had 17" options FWIW.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I'd have to dig around on Ih8mud.com to find the posts that talk about wheel size. I'm sure Kurt will chime in when he sees this with factual information.

Absolutely doable... here is ExPo member Dave Connors 03 UZJ100

Kurt, almost like it was planned... :ylsmoke:

That is a beautiful LC. Im late to this thread and sorry for beating a dead horse but I've read almost every thread on here and Ih8mud. Did anyone confirm that 285/65/18 KO2's will fit under a LX w/AHC? I'm guessing yes but the spare wont fit? I just finally purchased my first UJ100. Its a 2005 LX with AHC. I need some new tires for it. I'll be doing 80-90% road vs dirt and snow. There are so many forums discussing this but haven't found any conclusions.

soreneagle

They will fit and the spare will too. I'm running the 275/70/18 and they are 33.2" compared to 32.6" for the 285. I only had a little rub on the front bumper at full lock in AHC-Low.

check out tiresize dot com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles