Identify Your Enemies - How are Enviro/Eco Groups Funded?

The Raven

Ahh, by way of Upstate NY (red area), NV (confused as all hell area) and Montana (red) and now I'm in far Northeastern CA which is very red.

But damnit, if I could afford a 2nd vehicle I would consider a Prius, I could love the mpg lol... You also see them cruising around in fairly nasty conditions in MT

I really was joking with tongue and cheek, not at all serious. Though funny you should mention the Red spots, places that are pretty but off my list of likely settlement. That being said I imagine CA is pretty but can't imagine the costs to live there with all the red tape. I had a hard time dealing with vehicle inspections when I was in Maine.

I think the Prius is a cool car, but many of the early adopters at least here in Maine were self-important folks who gave the car a bad name. Could say the same thing about Mini-Coopers and I had a purple one, an S with a 1" lift, oversized tires and aluminum skidplate. That was a cool car.

BobsCreek

Adventurer
I wasnt taking your post as anything but :)

It is funny to see how certain vehicles/owners get tossed into specific categories. I mean, Im pretty sure the majority of ford truck owners were not born with webbed fingers and toes, but its always the 1st thing that everybody thinks when they hear "ford truck owner".

(I may or may not have just made that up)

The Raven

Oui oui, learn to speek ze funny way and Au revoir! remembeh zat molson is golden and ze maple leefz rule!

Hey now...even Canadians take a dim view of them damn frogs is QC. Ever since they tried to separate from the Confederation a couple decades ago. Great food, cool place to visit, but not my favorite place to ever live. Fortunatly the millenial generation is changing things and tossing the traditionalists to the curb.

The Raven

Thank goodness :) Ford isn't too bad...it's the Chevy guys you have to watch out for. ;)

I wasnt taking your post as anything but :)

It is funny to see how certain vehicles/owners get tossed into specific categories. I mean, Im pretty sure the majority of ford truck owners were not born with webbed fingers and toes, but its always the 1st thing that everybody thinks when they hear "ford truck owner".

(I may or may not have just made that up)

BobsCreek

Adventurer
and thats only depending on where you live, Lassen county only smogs when you put a car on the road, after that you never do it again.

The Raven

I don't live in VT but register there as you don't have to be a resident to do so. I pay $120 for 2 years and don't need an inspection. I can't complain.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Ahh, by way of Upstate NY (red area), NV (confused as all hell area) and Montana (red) and now I'm in far Northeastern CA which is very red.

But damnit, if I could afford a 2nd vehicle I would consider a Prius, I could love the mpg lol... You also see them cruising around in fairly nasty conditions in MT

The plugin Fusion has been awesome and puts the Prius to shame. Wife is running 75-80mpg average on her he'll commute. And it's quiet and has awesome cooled sport seats

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I really was joking with tongue and cheek, not at all serious. Though funny you should mention the Red spots, places that are pretty but off my list of likely settlement. That being said I imagine CA is pretty but can't imagine the costs to live there with all the red tape. I had a hard time dealing with vehicle inspections when I was in Maine.

I think the Prius is a cool car, but many of the early adopters at least here in Maine were self-important folks who gave the car a bad name. Could say the same thing about Mini-Coopers and I had a purple one, an S with a 1" lift, oversized tires and aluminum skidplate. That was a cool car.

Vehicle inspections in Main are crazy they check brakes, glass, body condition etc. In CA it's a 10minute plugin / looky look for damaged or missing emissions gear. The rest of the car can look like hell and they don't give a crap. But you have a cracked PVC hose and you get to go fix it and come back. Only car ever to fail on me was our VW. Yup split in the stupid breather hose. That car could have been missing a window and had no brake pads a passed if the breather hose was intact.

CA is HUGE!! Once your away from the coast it's hickville no regulations land otherwise referred to as the Republican strong hold👀

vectorsc

Adventurer
Woof. This topic. Wow.

Anyone who claims to be an environmentalist who didn't blow their brains out is completely full of it. They can go right next to the folks who claim the mantle of feminism and continue to sit around the United States whining about minor salary differences while 8 year old girls in other countries are getting stoned to death for daring to report that their uncles raped them.

Look up virtue signaling. I ain't blowing my brains out or moving to India to scream at everyone, so I'm not going to suggest that I'm either of the above.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Well, I've only read the first four pages fo this thread, but that is enough to convince me to read no further. I suggest that ripping the shirt of the other guy's back does not make yours any warmer. Grow up. Think. Act like adults.

billiebob

Well, I've only read the first four pages fo this thread, but that is enough to convince me to read no further. I suggest that ripping the shirt of the other guy's back does not make yours any warmer. Grow up. Think. Act like adults.
Well said, the attitude in this thread is what guarantees the success of the environmentalists the OP hates.

shade

I just read it all. Good stuff, and it gave me some insight into earlier days around here.

Mike W.

What it all boils down too is in the end man can't control or change the evolution of this planet. Humans are a passing phase and when grand ole mother earth gets tired of listening to us...Boom we become the next source of fossil fuel..So just enjoy it how you see fit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste