Operation Backyard Discovery

jonb8

Adventurer
Right On, you only live once and you two are making it count. I tell my kids that even in a job there just paying you for your time... Time is truly priceless....

60toyetero

Adventurer
Right On, you only live once and you two are making it count. I tell my kids that even in a job there just paying you for your time... Time is truly priceless....

On the spot! The bigger the place we have, the more stuff that is laying around gathering dust.... You went to work, they paid you for your time, then you took that money and bought some random thing that just sits around not being used. What a horrible cycle taking your time in life and turning it into a material object that is meaningless. Then again, that is how we attribute success in today society. The bigger the house, the newer the car, the more decorations you have, the more expensive stuff you have, the more successful you are.... Man we got it all wrong!

60toyetero

Adventurer
IMG_0351.jpg

WE are pretty exited about how the rig is turning out. Soon we will give up our apartment and stop paying rent. We are in a town that a one bedroom 900 square feet apartmet cost 1300 a month and I have just been so mad over the last couple of months about just how much of our lifes we give away to someone else to enjoy it. We are exited to jump into a mobile life. Exited to use the money we make working doing things we enjoy doing.

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Aw man the new rig looks like a great platform, not many Class C on a 4x4 Dodge chassis. 5.9L Cummins?

Keep chipping away at flight school.

Abdiel

Felicidades you and your wife should be very proud of your journey so far. It takes a lot of guts to break away from the mold society puts us in. Continue to live your life this way as long as you can and as long as it makes you happy. I keep trying to convince my wife that we should do something similar to this but it's hard to convince her seeing how we have a two year old and another one on the way. For now I guess I'll be thankful for weekend trips between my 50+ hour work weeks.

60toyetero

Adventurer
Felicidades you and your wife should be very proud of your journey so far. It takes a lot of guts to break away from the mold society puts us in. Continue to live your life this way as long as you can and as long as it makes you happy. I keep trying to convince my wife that we should do something similar to this but it's hard to convince her seeing how we have a two year old and another one on the way. For now I guess I'll be thankful for weekend trips between my 50+ hour work weeks.

Thank you . I read that to my wife and comments like this help us stay motivated to just go with our guts and hearts. I understand having kids and being used to a specific life style is a drastic change and scary thing... Check out these guys.. my dad sent this to me a while ago and I was in Wow when i saw it http://globalnews.ca/news/3207684/c...-years-heading-home-with-4-kids-as-souvenirs/ There is a long spanish version of them which is awesome. You said felicidades but not sure if you speak spanish or not.. if you do look for it these guys are from Argentina

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
Almost to be fully mobile!

Couple of shot of the area from the skies
Crater Lake, Mt. Bacheor, Cascade range, Smith Rock

thumbnail_IMG_2529.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2530 (1).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2857.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2859.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2860.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3135.jpg

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
thumbnail_IMG_3160.jpg

Study chairs finally came in. We now have a space where my wife can work on her art, we can browse the web, eat, and I can study my flying. This weekend we plan on moving our stuff in and throughout the next week, which is our last week at the apartment, test things out. We are both really excited about what is to come of this move and only time will tell. One thing i Know for sure, I am ready for the freedom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier