Best way to diagnose LR3 airleak

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
I understand that isolating the system permits you to indicate front or rear valve block -- but what happens when all four corners go down equally over night? A friend has indicated that the air tanks occasionally leak, but mine pumps back up immediately first thing in the morning, so I am assuming that there is plenty of wind in the tank given that the compressor doesn't always kick in until about 2 minutes after start up.

I would assume you have two leaking valve blocks if the front a rear are leaking down equally. You say you used OEM springs. Does that mean aftermarket? If so I would be suspect of those, especially if from Arnott.

The reason it doesn't make sense for the reservoir to be your problem is because the valve blocks should be isolating the air in the springs from the rest of the system. You should be able to disconnect the air line from the tank and it shouldn't leak down. That being said, tank leaks are common in areas with lots of corrosion, but it will usually set a fault.

I've never done it, but I've been told that you can take apart and clean the valve blocks. They're easy to get to, so it probably wouldn't hurt.

shedlock2000

Observer
I would assume you have two leaking valve blocks if the front a rear are leaking down equally. You say you used OEM springs. Does that mean aftermarket? If so I would be suspect of those, especially if from Arnott.

I replaced the entire spring/shock assembly with genuine OEM (original equipment manufacturer) from Atlantic British; not the Arnott ones.

I could probably strip the valves down -- but apparently Lucky 8 has some for a reasonable price; I might just throw two on. I wondered if there was ever any issue with the centre valve block (the one that distributes front/back or if that is just a splitter?

Also, after Fitting my last spring (passenger rear), I now occasionally get the suspension warning lamp come on for not reason after a left hand turn (presumably throwing weight into the passenger side). Not sure why this is a thing as I never had issues with it before and this spring was changed independently of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online