Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: The Restoration And Build Thread For My 1992 FJ80

Quote Originally Posted by Summit Cruisers Jr View Post
    It looks like there's quite a few hdj80 aftermarket radiators on eBay that look about the same. May want to look into that option. With over 100k miles now with the hood vents, I haven't seen any effects from rain water or snow. I would stress about it too much. Water crossings and mud holes can throw up much more.
    Thanks, I'm gonna do some hood vents I think. Those aluminum radiators look pretty good and are $100 less than the OEM one so maybe I'll go that route to save money. Anyhow good luck with your axles. Gonna do 4.88 gears?

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfishfiesta View Post
    Thanks, I'm gonna do some hood vents I think. Those aluminum radiators look pretty good and are $100 less than the OEM one so maybe I'll go that route to save money. Anyhow good luck with your axles. Gonna do 4.88 gears?
    Yeah I will be going with 4.88s once again. I was thinking I would pull them from my current axles, but then again, I could probably get more money out of my axles the way they are set up right now.

On a side note, does anyone know what my current FJ80 axles would be worth? Full rebuild on them ~40k miles ago, 4.88s, and no leaks, and knuckles are clean. Basically great shape, but semi float rear. Is throwing them up on CL for $1200 or so overpriced or pretty fair?
    Last edited by Summit Cruisers Jr; 01-12-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 400k miles
    Build Thread
    Lifted, Regeared, Repainted, Slee'd, Roof Rack, Ironman Bumper, LightForce 240s, light bars, dual swing outs, 35s on 17s, snorkel, custom drawers and fridge slide, ARB fridge, custom center console, Wet Okoles, CVT Tent, Air Lift, OBA System, and many more mods.

That is possibly the nastiest looking birfield Iíve ever seen! We should track down whoever owned that 450 and kick him in the shins!
    '94 Santa Monica Airlines 39" longboard, Indy 159s, Powell AT wheels
    '99 UZJ 100 with OME, 255 ST Maxís and factory locker.
    '14 Dodge 3500 6.7, 68RFE with Thurens, 5100s, 305/70-18 ST Maxxxxxs
    '17 Northern Lite 9-6 Q. Factory ordered to my spec.
    '74 Airstream International 29'

Quote Originally Posted by Summit Cruisers Jr View Post

On a side note, does anyone know what my current FJ80 axles would be worth? Full rebuild on them ~40k miles ago, 4.88s, and no leaks, and knuckles are clean. Basically great shape, but semi float rear. Is throwing them up on CL for $1200 or so overpriced or pretty fair?
    Price sounds good. But, I'd swap thirds, and keep the 4.88's, unless a new carrier (ARB/Detroit/etc) is on your radar. Then, sell the 4.10 thirds/housings separately. That may expand your market a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchpt View Post
    Price sounds good. But, I'd swap thirds, and keep the 4.88's, unless a new carrier (ARB/Detroit/etc) is on your radar. Then, sell the 4.10 thirds/housings separately. That may expand your market a bit.
    His new axles have elockers

Yes the new ones will be getting set up with fresh gears and master rebuild kits as I am sure they are due for everything. I am not even sure if the FJ80 front third members are interchangeable with the FZJ80 due to possible different spline counts. The rear doesn't matter regardless since it is a semi float anyways.

Honestly, I didn't ever really think about how much work it is to swap the e locked axles into mine. Honestly kind of wish I just had a full float rear to swap in with a harrop, but I bet by the time this project is over I will be happy.

Lately I have been thinking about how I want to be notified when the lockers come on. I may use the curved blank dash switches and cut out front, center, and rear locker symbols and have an led behind the cut out and thin transparent film and be notified that way and just pull the CDL bulb from my dash.
    1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 400k miles
    Build Thread
    Lifted, Regeared, Repainted, Slee'd, Roof Rack, Ironman Bumper, LightForce 240s, light bars, dual swing outs, 35s on 17s, snorkel, custom drawers and fridge slide, ARB fridge, custom center console, Wet Okoles, CVT Tent, Air Lift, OBA System, and many more mods.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728