Finally found an old Dodge crewcab. .... and bought it

Kmehr

Adventurer
Awesome find, the interior looks immaculate! I'm in the reassembly stage of an 84 crew cab with the same drivetrain. Can't wait to see how it ends up, but I have to admit, reading through your entire 90 thread, it's going to be sad to see it part after all the memories and miles!

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I wont take the dually apart either. It just got about 1200$ worth of maintenance done and in the next few weeks will be getting new rubber and front axle joints.

OldKoot

Nice truck man, lucky ya found that before I saw it LoL So to promote discussion... why not leave your 90 together and just build the crew with parts acquired?

You want a single wheel or dually 4x4? That dually box I own would look good on there and allow you to immediately go multi color as you prefer LoL. I have a front 3.54 axle I bet you could talk me out of. Your going to have to make a custom tranny cross-member for that frame anyway, and hanging the front springs is easy. No excuse that thing should be 4x4 and ready to tow/haul by spring.

Norm

oliverbutthead

Length of cab

Cool that you found a donor truck!

I was wondering if i could get the measurement of the cab from you? From the bottom of the front door to the back of the cab..... I have a 93 single cab that someone lengthened to a double cab, but without doors. Want to find a crew and put on in place of current if the measurements are similar. Looks close but need to measure for sure.

If you find time for this, I would greatly appreciate it!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice to see you back! What's happening with the crew? You making any headway on it? Camping season is creeping up on us...

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Not really any head way on it yet. But I did pick up all the correct 4x4 x members for the front half of the truck. Got those cleaned up and painted, alsI got the shackle mounts and spring hangers. Beat some new bushings in the shackle mounts and cleaned up the hangers.

Oh and bought a house in october so there's that too. Mostly why I haven't progressed like I wanted to.

Also still getting the title worked out on the donor. I want a clean title in my name on that before I tear it down and start swapping parts.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Oh and bought a house in october so there's that too. Mostly why I haven't progressed like I wanted to.

Yeah, houses can suck a LOT of time and money out of you. I lost 3 years of spare time to my last place. But it was amazing when we finished. I've since sold it and have rented a couple of acres with a shop, pool etc half a mile from a nice sandy beach on the Pacific. I'd love to stay here forever, but at $3 million, I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon, and I think I'd spend about 10% of that on a house, and then travel with the rest!

Did you get enough land to store all those Dodges??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke