The ultimate cargo slide/tray?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Ah bummer, well keep us all updated! I was really rooting for this to go through.

There's no indication that it won't get to production, there's just a bit of a traffic jam in the company's production engineering group at the moment, lots of new products in the works :).

jp_rey

Here is my latest update. The first rev is complete and going to test it this weekend. So to recap I used 2 APC heavy duty drawer slides. 1 Sheet of 3/4" Birch Plywood ($34). 8 Angle Brackets, Various nuts and bolts $8, Crown Truck rail slides (could use o ring to save money) $18 X2= $36, Loop Rope bungies(these are great) 2*13 =$26. The plywood is secured with Bolts and fender washers in the factory tiedown points 4 of them. Total Cost of Project $104 If I had to purchase the slides add $270 for the slides if you had to buy them from eBay (you could use others to save money).
No Rattles at this point. Slides are rated at 250 lbs each. Came out ok. Next iteration will have the plywood, with Bed Coating and putting rubber mats on the non arb slide. The ARB fits perfect, has about 3-4 inches in front and touches the back of the seat folded up.

IMG_1338.jpgIMG_1339.jpgIMG_1340.jpgIMG_1341.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
20 pages in and this thread just dies. What a cliff hanger...

jscherb, what ever happened to the production potential?

The company I turned the design and prototype over to tells me they do plan to get it into production. They tell me that their business has grown something like 80% in the past year and they're struggling to keep up with their current business; engineering new products has been especially backlogged.

afbond03

Adventurer
I think Goose Gear is probably your best bet for those looking for something like this already in production.

xbombtek

Observer
Anyone know if all 2017 JKUs have a floor mounted subwoofer? Looks like previous year models have a passenger side fender mounted sub that interferes with shelving. Or is it specific to the Alpine sound system?
If they don't, what's in the space the sub occupies when it's not there?

kenaero

Observer
Anyone know if all 2017 JKUs have a floor mounted subwoofer? Looks like previous year models have a passenger side fender mounted sub that interferes with shelving. Or is it specific to the Alpine sound system?
2014 was the last year with the side mount sub-woofer.

JDaPP

Adventurer

For 2012s the sub was a built in panel. If you removed it you had to order a replacement panel, looked like the driver's side except the other side. It was an add on that I think came with the leather package/premium sound.

xbombtek

Observer
Has a floor mounted sub interfered with shelf builds? I'm also concerned about dirt and crap getting in there. Anyone had issues with it in this location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CJ8Dave

as usual Jeff, superb product!! Id like one for a Scrambler please, full bed length... Or, if the slides don't come long enough for a full Scrambler bed, one for my fridge that would attach to my current homebuilt drawer system would be super, especially if it was a slide out and drop down unit

Jeff...
I too would be interested in a full length slide for a Scrambler. 400# - 500# capacity. Thanks!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Jeff...
I too would be interested in a full length slide for a Scrambler. 400# - 500# capacity. Thanks!

I checked and 500# slides like the ones I used for this prototype are available in up to 60" length, which is just about the length from the Scrambler tailgate to the bulkhead.

I'll let the company that signed up for this know about the interest in longer slides - if they ever get the product to market I wouldn't think it would be much extra effort for them to do a longer version.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Any updates on this coming to market? Very interested

I'll have to see if I can get an update from the company, I haven't asked them about this in a while. Unfortunately once I turn over a design to a company I have little (sometimes no) input on when it gets to market and what design or engineering changes they might make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior