ttora4runnner - 2010 Toyota 4runner

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Stupid speck on my phone, tired to clean it up. Photo still came out ok.

Screwing around on my way home from running errands, little detour up to an area I haven't been in a few years.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
My 4runner gained a new stable mate a couple of Saturdays back after selling my MR2 - 2015 Subaru Outback.

I'll be trying to get the photo's in the thread back up as soon as my right shoulder heals from surgery. Doing everything left-handed at the moment and its a little goofy doing things.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Some recent photos.

Subaru photo out around the location of the old Paira movie set site outside of Kanab, Utah on my way back from Arizona.

Finally, got the 4runner back on the dirt and out exploring Friday night - Inspiration Point on Willard Peak.

You can just make out the road in the background.

The view after a short little hike.

The road end just shortly after the it disappears in the background

I didn't go all the way back past the last gate, just stop at the parking area at the top since it was getting late. The road up is pretty easy and it does switch to pretty much a single vehicle wide road with few pull outs in some spots so you have to keep you eyes out for other vehicles. Stayed in 2wd the entire time

Finally, have a CB back in my 4runner. We'll see how well this does compared to the old Cobra 75 CB I had previously.

hayde89

Is this thing usually parked on 2nd track on 12th street? If so I am one of the guys that always drives around it or stops to look at it.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Recent photos :safari-rig:

Got my 4runner into TCT Magazine for the Fall 2017 issue under 'Your Rigs' section (page 64). I'm happy with that.

TCT Magazine: Fall 2017 Toyota Cruisers & Trucks | MagCloud

New wiring project and I'm still trying to figure out why I bought it. :confused:

Lightforce 20" combo single row LED, Slee switch and different mounting brackets that will work with the Shrockworks supplied bumper holes. No it's not blue thats just the protective cover over the lense.

Light bar and switch installed.

I have small enough hands that I was able to feed the switch up to the blank without having to remove anything.

It will probably grow on me but I'm not quite sure how I like the looks of the light bar. My last two 4runners I've had the 170 Strikers installed (round) and I kind of like that look a little better.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Went back to Moab yesterday to get some more mountain biking in on Slickrock trail (crazy windy on that trail today and got blown sideways a number of times) and to drive Fins and Things - well the first section.

Haven't wheeled a lot like this for awhile and I was grinning by the time I got done. Good times.

La Sal Mountains

Short video - my cinematography and video skillks are severely lacking.

https://youtu.be/p-3bdiYLCNY

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Not really worth it's own trip thread.

Went back to Moab last weekend for some more mountain biking at Navajo Rocks (made the big loop minus Middle Earth) and Moab Brands (Bar M to Circle O to Rockin to Bar B to Long Branch and a portion of Deadmans' Ridge since my right shoulder had enough. Not going to hurt again) yesterday.

Then today it was out to Willow Springs road to Eye of the Whale to Marching Men (to a point) then to Salt Valley road. On a prior trip I just drove out to Marching Men from Salt Valley and Eye of the Whale from Willow Springs road but not the 4x4 route in between. If you are in Moab hit up this section of 4x4 trail is kind of fun, didn't take many photos from it.

From Coney Islands trail.

Willow Springs Road

Between Eye of the Whale and Marching Men

Marching Men

In 2015 when I visited this area I chickened out at the top of the trail and didn't make the descent down. This time I went up.

Salt Valley road was a quick exit from the park and I won't want to be on it when it's wet. Good tip overall.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Hi! I wanted to ask if you still have the 275/70/16 Cooper Discover AT3 tires and how they are doing. Using 7"x17" TRD rims? Was there any rubbing anywhere in the front wheel wells? Since you got hit by the PhotoBucket nonsense I can't see what may have been the answers to my questions in previous posts.

PS: I added a link to your blog at my blog

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Hi! I wanted to ask if you still have the 275/70/16 Cooper Discover AT3 tires and how they are doing. Using 7"x17" TRD rims? Was there any rubbing anywhere in the front wheel wells? Since you got hit by the PhotoBucket nonsense I can't see what may have been the answers to my questions in previous posts.

PS: I added a link to your blog at my blog

Yes, I still have the tires and they are doing fine. I'll probably be replacing them sometime towards the end of the year. Nope, no issues with rubbing using the TRD rims. Ya, I need to go back though and fix all the broken links due to photobucket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior