ttora4runnner - 2010 Toyota 4runner

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Figured I'd go ahead and start the build thread for my new to me 4runner.

Picked up a 2010 Toyota 4runner Trail Edition, non-KDSS after being back and forth between a Lexus GX470 and a 4th Gen 4runner for the past couple of months. I'm not really sure what my plans are for this one but I'll probable keep it simple since I'm back to have a car payment.

When I first got her.

Made one comestic change to the 2014+ 4runner tail lights and added weather tech floor mats. I have one other interior comestic change coming that should freshen up the inside a little, just waiting on the part to come in.

Took her out yesterday for her first official dirt road/snow run to Temple Canyon Park. Not a technical road in any way but if gave me a feel for her - the street tires need to be changed out.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Nice! Congrats! I so badly want a 2015 Trail Premium I can almost taste it. I’m not sure if you remember but we saw you a few years ago on Hermit Pass near Westcliffe where we were camped in the corner near the trail head to the lake. You flew by like you were running the Pikes Peak hillclimb or something and the poor old 4Runner sounded like the pistons where swapping holes and body was about to shake off the frame. Something was big time loose on your old rig that day. Driving way too fast for that trail probably wasn’t helping any either.

Love the new rig and anxious to hear what you think of it once you put it to use.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Nice! Congrats! I so badly want a 2015 Trail Premium I can almost taste it. I'm not sure if you remember but we saw you a few years ago on Hermit Pass near Westcliffe where we were camped in the corner near the trail head to the lake. You flew by like you were running the Pikes Peak hillclimb or something and the poor old 4Runner sounded like the pistons where swapping holes and body was about to shake off the frame. Something was big time loose on your old rig that day. Driving way too fast for that trail probably wasn't helping any either.

Love the new rig and anxious to hear what you think of it once you put it to use.

I don't believe it. ttora4runner drives like an old lady. :)

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Nice! Congrats! I so badly want a 2015 Trail Premium I can almost taste it. I'm not sure if you remember but we saw you a few years ago on Hermit Pass near Westcliffe where we were camped in the corner near the trail head to the lake. You flew by like you were running the Pikes Peak hillclimb or something and the poor old 4Runner sounded like the pistons where swapping holes and body was about to shake off the frame. Something was big time loose on your old rig that day. Driving way too fast for that trail probably wasn't helping any either.

Don't recall that.

I've had problems with the skid plates being loose or worn out bushings but those issues were resolved.

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Don't recall that.

I've had problems with the skid plates being loose or worn out bushings but those issues were resolved.

histerical.gif
well according to the picture time stamps where we parked when you flew by it looks like it was June 16, 2012 to be exact.

7398886176_221b817068_c.jpg

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Kind of nice how a little bit of a lift can change the look and feel of a vehicle

Lift - Sonoran Steel
UCA - SPC/Light Racing

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Couple of photo's from a few easy trail runs since my last post

Phantom Canyon

Shelf Road, with a view of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains in the background (the best I could get).

Phantom Creek

Somewhere on FS364

At the intersection of FS 363 and FS 364

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
After looking around at skid plates from Budbuilt, Shrockworks and RCI I went ahead and order a new set of aluminum skid plates from RCI to try and keep weight down but still offer protection. Got the filler piece, engine and transmission skid for the time being.

Out with the old (that's not oil on skid but PB Blaster)

In with the new

Undercarriage photo and yes I know I'm missing a bolt. Whoever worked on the truck previous broke the bolt head off and know I got to find a good way to remove it.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Ordered a set of Outpost Off Road Sliders from MetalTech back at the end of March

Finally got around to installing them this afternoon, took me a little over two hours to install them by myself. Wasn't too bad with the help of two jack stands and not having to deal with a KDSS equipped 4runner.

Dalko43

Explorer
Looks good...Personally I prefer the look of the 2010-2013 4runner to the new updated 2014+ 4runner.

Please post some updates with how those aluminum skid plates work out for you. I'm looking for a light set of skids myself.

Also, since you look to be running non-stock tires similar to my own (265 70R 17 Courser AXT's), what air pressure (psi) do you have them set at for on-road travel?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz