2003 Mitsubushi FG Overland Camper Renovation

Jollyrogers

Observer
I love it. This thread was
shown to my wife and she said if I wanted to, I had her OK. Don't know if I could even come close to the work shown here though :), but I can start looking for an FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GR8ADV

Explorer
I love it. This thread was
shown to my wife and she said if I wanted to, I had her OK. Don't know if I could even come close to the work shown here though :), but I can start looking for an FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well right there I have served a greater purpose. GL!

GR8ADV

Explorer
Awesome....truly awesome!

When one thinks of all the places this truck and camper have been it's cool to see it take on a second life. It says a lot for the stength and versatility of the Unicell body.

The body appears structurally as it would when new. My guess isbthatvit could outlast the FUSO.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Great Rehab and the woodwork looks amazing! Have you had a chance to use or review the PrecisionTemp yet?

No trip yet to test the long term shower application, but the early reviews are in and it is great. Functions quickly and almost seamlessly for both kitchen and shower. Think instahot with an endless supply of high volume hot water. We have this serving the kitchen and bathroom. We also have an instahot in the kitchen for the 200 degree water. It took a bit of set up (one has to remove or adjust the scalding feature of a single knobbed faucet) to make sure hot water goes through the system. This would be a non issue with dual handle faucets. Maybe there will be some more minor tweaking to get the temps perfect, but as I said, the early tests brought nice hot water to where ever we wanted it.

Last edited:

Keyne

Adventurer
Wow that is very beautiful. You must be very proud of how it came out. I like all the little thoughtful details (dinette to couch, butcher block over stove, shower interior is amazing). Can't wait to see adventure posts/pics!

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Now that the Fuso is done, I am really stoked how it turned out... The practicality and ease of use stands above the attractiveness... For sure, it's easy on the eyes...

Thanks go out to my collaborators, Urban Upholstery in Olympia, Capitol Sheetmetal in Lacey, the tabletop and a pair of doors by Laura Green in Vancouver BC, the fridge door art by Jesse Joshua Watson in Port Townsend,...

The biggest thanks go out to Ken and Anne Howe for giving me the creative freedom to do what I wanted, and for their encouragement and emotional support when I hit a rough patch about a month ago... You two are amazing... Thanks go beyond what mere words can express... Now go out and use it, enjoy it and please report back here on the forum...

Thanks also go out to all of you who appreciated what we were able to do... I am grateful for all the kind comments...

Now it's back to building some paddleboards...!!!...

waveslider

Outdoorsman
I may be all wet, but when I read his question I was under the impression that he was essentially asking:

Do the instahots put off heat while in use which might potentially cause an increase in the cabin temperature. Which might otherwise be viewed as a drawback in warmer climates.

Like i said, for some reason that's how I read it but could be all wrong.

dlh62c

Explorer
I may be all wet, but when I read his question I was under the impression that he was essentially asking:

Do the instahots put off heat while in use which might potentially cause an increase in the cabin temperature. Which might otherwise be viewed as a drawback in warmer climates.

Like i said, for some reason that's how I read it but could be all wrong.

You are correct!

GR8ADV

Explorer
You are correct!

Well I never thought of that. I will have to go feel the outside of the insulated holding tanks. I fully expect that it will be nowhere near material. In fact I suspect that it will be much less than a tank, and considerably less than the heat added by a person in the vehicle.

dlh62c

Explorer
Well I never thought of that. I will have to go feel the outside of the insulated holding tanks. I fully expect that it will be nowhere near material. In fact I suspect that it will be much less than a tank, and considerably less than the heat added by a person in the vehicle.

Is the AC powered InstraHot unit powered off your battery bank or shore power?
Does it cycle on and off to maintain a hot water supply or does it only power up when it senses a demand for hot water at the facet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles