My L-Track, airline track in the tacoma, Tie Down options everywhere

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I was tired of not having exactly what I wanted for cargo control. So my 4.5 year old daughter and I set out to fix that. And we did. :)

DSC02178.JPG

DSC02181.JPG

DSC02182.JPG

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02187.JPG

I store the fittings in the back until I need them, and then move them. So easy!
DSC02190.JPG

DSC02128.JPG

They are 12" sections of L-Track secured with 1/4"-20 stainless hardware: 3/4" flat head machine screws, nylon lock nuts, and fender washers. The sections of l-track at the front of the bed are secured with rivnuts.

Phase 1 is done. Phase 2 will be to add a 30-40" piece on the rear edge of the Tacoma bed. I'm glad that's all done. Cutting the rubber mat was a pain. :sombrero:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Looks very flexible. Like the 'stored' location.
I'd shim the strips so they sit just below the level of the rubber bed mat, so the install looks cleaner.

Crom

The l-track sits well below the rubber mat. They are mounted in the recessed ribbed part of the truck bed. They stick up a little bit passed the adjacent raised ribs, but as said, well below the bed mat.

DSC02195.JPG

DSC02193.JPG

DSC02171.JPG

Here is a picture of a single stud fitting in a 2" section of L-track. This is for the fridge.
DSC02199.JPG

Last edited:

NMC_EXP

Explorer
A couple of hints re: cutting thick rubber, such as a bed mat:

1. Use a sharp knife. Refresh/replace the blade often. Rubber will dull an edge quickly.

2. Mix a strong soap/water solution. Dip the blade in the soapy water often while cutting. The reduced friction between the blade and rubber makes the blade easier to control. The soap breaks the surface tension of the water allowing it to wet the blade and rubber. Straight water will bead up and roll off.

3. Once the cut is started grasp one side of the material, apply a bit of tension and slightly spread the 'V' at the cut. This also reduces friction and results in a cleaner, straighter cut.

Crom

Yeah thanks. I swapped blades and it certainly helps. On Friday I finished bolting in a long piece on rear of truck bed. Very happy with it.

ec869b1a8b9ecaa37ebecb2119622b8a.jpg

irish_11

Explorer
Where is everyone getting deals on the L-track attachment points? I got the original set from US Cargo Control, but they kill deals with shipping. Its $12 for $8's worth of parts.

I know this is an older post but how far does the L track sit up over the ridges in the truck bed?

Here is what it looked like during my install:
hDNRw6m.jpg

After the install: (they sit pretty close in height to the ribs)
wp_20170223_002-jpg.1392135

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles