What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

NorthCounty

Is that an aluminum roof rack with plastic gutter mounts? I haven't seen one like that before. Nice looking rig.
Thanks!

Correct. Rhino Rack Pioneer platform is 99% aluminum with gutter mounts that are some type of abs / poly / plastic compound. Rhino Rack is super proud of their products and typically do not shy away from quality, their price reflects ?.

Thanks!

Correct. Rhino Rack Pioneer platform is 99% aluminum with gutter mounts that are some type of abs / poly / plastic compound. Rhino Rack is super proud of their products and typically do not shy away from quality, their price reflects ?.

Nice, I have an old Con-ferr rack on mine, but I'm trying to find a design I like to copy and make my own full length rack. That rhino rack design is pretty slick. I have seen some complaints about different load ratings for those racks though, as far as on road rating being different than offroad, sometimes about half the stated limit. If you have any concerns about overloading it, Ronny Dahl and Tyler Thompson have some good videos about it on youtube, I think their racks were bolt through and not gutter mount though, just a heads up.

Jwink25

Well....lol. working on installing a new head, timing chain, oil pump and what not. Then gonna put a Holley 2300 Sniper on it. New tires, shocks, steering and other suspension parts. After that a one inch body lift. SS braided brake lines, all new rotor, calipers, drums, brakes, shoes, pads, brake cylinders. Wheel bearings and seals...new front bumper...led headlights. Vinyl carpet pad. Tons of stuff. Pics when I'm finished with those items. Then a paint job...lol. My summer is booked, lol!

frinesi2

Drove 500 miles round trip over the past two days and got it wet, but only a little bit made it through my door seals...

video screen captures, so a bit blurry...

iGamGMeh.png

D3Fdosjh.png

Rausch Creek?

cch2a

Bolted on some Hella Valuefit LEDs on a freshly painted center bumper. Rustoleum Matte Gunmetal Metallic is color I used. Bumper had some rust spots so sanded and primed. Hellas not wired yet as I'm waiting on getting one more fog light on each side of the big ones and doing it all at once. That's why they are so close together.

Attachments

• 20210712_104451.jpg
    20210712_104451.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 18

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
After some time, I have removed the differential and stuff to clean up in preparation for the front Detroit....excitedly waiting. ;)20210724_174051.jpg

Dawnofmorning

So this weekend my friend and I put a load of stuff on my 05 Montero.

New upper control arms (w/ new ball joints) front and rear
New sway bar links
OME Struts & Springs

I also got new lower control arms front and rear and new tie rods, but the camber bolts are seized so we are going to have to cut them out. Just gotta buy new bolts before we do that.

So far I'm digging the lift and everything feels much better than before.

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_160639~2.jpg
    IMG_20211024_160639~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14

NorthCounty

The Gen 1 got some OME / ARB 2910 Coils in the rear yesterday. OEM coils were tired. Augmented with some Tokico Trekmaster R/T shocks. Nice improvement. Front shocks later this week. Only so much time in the day.

Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles