Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Jay how did you do seat belts?

Default attempted to program a new remote

So originally got my car with only one remote. Ordered another through ebay and wanted to program it. Originally I assumed the keyless entry module would be under the dash on the driver side directions mentioned finding the module and press the button on it to allow programming. Seemed simple enough. Looked under the dash and only thing resembling that was a small box that said "security" and had an adjustment dial versus a button.

So them I stumbled across a member that mentioned it was in the rear cargo area on the passenger side behind one of the body panels. Looked in my manual and sure enough come upon this.

Ok, well that is a pain in the butt but ok. So I tear apart the back and find this? Area to the right of speaker is just a cover no module.

WTH! ABS Control was where it should be, but no keyless entry module. Anyone have a picture of what I'm looking for?
    Thanks
    03 Element EX modified for Expo travel Sold
    98 4runner. L.A.M.B. (locked, armored, methanol injected & blown) (SOLD)
    06 Tundra DC sr5, toytech/bilstein lift, camberg ucas, SCS Stealth wheels, Cooper Discovery AT3 265/70/-17 tires, SG-II, Pioneer-Navi/DVD, ARE shell, full set of Skid Row plates, Stubbs sliders,
    98 Montero- ome suspension, sliders, garvin roof basket, rear facing LEDs, 42" LED (imitation sun) on a Yak x-bar re-enforced fact skids, aux cooling fans.

I finalized the wiring harness for my power window retrofit. Check it out.

Preliminary harness.

New heavier 14awg wire gauge harness.

Wrapping in 1/4" self wrapping conduit.
    Last edited by Jay Ayala; 03-02-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L Auto tranny. Cruise Control Retrofit & Air Conditioner Retrofit.

Did a few things over the weekend to the Gen 3:

1. Moved my manual A/C controls to the lower storage bin location to make room for a double DIN stereo (Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX).

2. Installed aforementioned double DIN stereo, running and hiding wires for the GPS antenna and hands free mic.

3. Added two USB ports to the storage bin. These USB ports are connected to the back of the Pioneer and allow for charging and Apple Carplay.

4. (nearly) FREE MOD. Swapped the accessory power relay for a jumper making the storage bin and rear cargo 12v accessory ports constant power! Now I can run my ARB Fridge with no worries

Constant Power Mod.JPG + Constant Power Mod Jumper.jpg = CONSTANT 12V power

5. Replaced blown subwoofer -- went with a Polk db840 8" unit. Talk about a pain getting all the plastic removed to get to it
    '93 Defender 110
    '06 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
    '01 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by vanroth View Post

1. Moved my manual A/C controls to the lower storage bin location to make room for a double DIN stereo (Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX).
    I've actually seen people take out the little compass display thing and its storage bin to make room for a double DIN stereo and retain the HVAC controls in the factory, seemingly more ergonomic, position. They filled the old head unit spot with a CB or some sort of radio.

Just installed 285 75 16 s. Rubber sex

Got it inspected. Which also "included":
    Two front calipers
    Two front rotors
    Pads
    Hoses
    Wheel bearings adjusted.
    Last major item will be full tune-up. I hope.
    KB3USY

2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS
    Nashbar Rigid SS
    KHS xc-304 Full-squish MTB

2. Installed aforementioned double DIN stereo, running and hiding wires for the GPS antenna and hands free mic.

3. Added two USB ports to the storage bin. These USB ports are connected to the back of the Pioneer and allow for charging and Apple Carplay.

4. (nearly) FREE MOD. Swapped the accessory power relay for a jumper making the storage bin and rear cargo 12v accessory ports constant power! Now I can run my ARB Fridge with no worries

Constant Power Mod.JPG + Constant Power Mod Jumper.jpg = CONSTANT 12V power

5. Replaced blown subwoofer -- went with a Polk db840 8" unit. Talk about a pain getting all the plastic removed to get to it
    Nice job man!

Did your sub still work but sound blown or did it just stop working all together? I need to replace mine but im not sure if its just the sub or amp related cause it doesnt work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jhill15 View Post
    Nice job man!

Did your sub still work but sound blown or did it just stop working all together? I need to replace mine but im not sure if its just the sub or amp related cause it doesnt work at all.
    In my case it was obvious that it was blown. The separated cone just sat there rattling on certain tunes.

It is a lot of plastic to remove, but the amp is right there as well so you can try testing. If you were closer I'd give you my old radio so you could test to ensure it wasn't head unit related.

-vanroth
    '93 Defender 110
    '06 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
    '01 Tahoe

In my case it was obvious that it was blown. The separated cone just sat there rattling on certain tunes.

It is a lot of plastic to remove, but the amp is right there as well so you can try testing. If you were closer I'd give you my old radio so you could test to ensure it wasn't head unit related.

-vanroth
    Thanks man, I will have to wait until spring to tear into it. We are supposed to have 10 inches of snow by thirday evening.

I still have my factory head unit so it wont be an issue putiing it back in, but to be honest I never really noticed if it worked before I swapped out stereos. I should've checked before hand.

Thanks again.

Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast