What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Finally tackled a bear of a job after 200k miles of driving and off-highway abuse.
Replaced all front differential mounts.
The isolator was straight forward, unbolt the old one, bolt in the new.
However, the other three are pressed in...glad my local parts supplier has a 20 ton press in their shop, freeing these up in my bench vise was out of the question.

airbox

Installed new carpet in the rig. Old one was incredibly moldy and smelly. Previous owners must have dumped a soda years ago. Sticky inside the center console but made out with some nice spending coin. Carpet was from Auto Custom Carpets (via Rockauto) and actually fit pretty well after some trimming and about 3 hrs of work total.

-
IMG-1911.jpg
-
IMG-1917.jpg

bikerjosh

Explorer
Rewired my horns around the faulty steering wheel switch. Sometimes it the small things :)
Next up see if I can save my wheel bearings that seem to have developed 'play' all of a sudden.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Passed smog, good for two more years

Yep, passed smog again. There is a certain amount of elation when you have to go through enhanced inspection and still pass. 'Gross Emitter' status my ********.

zerodrift

Adventurer
Having fun with a project this weekend... Current state of things:
6cace580399bda5f676cfa1d51bb0f69.jpg
7100c0cf8b2e341c13884d41c8b004c3.jpg
845aa5a751f1c4c7cf99d3dc5ba7f6b6.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Broke down front brakes YET AGAIN. Frozen piston. I swear, I need a new source for brake hardware. My truck isn’t even a daily driver, only sees a few thousand miles a year, yet I feel like my front calipers don’t make as long as they should. Just checked my records, I replaced that caliper almost exactly two years ago and 10,000 miles. That can’t be right. It’s not always the same side either. I don’t drive through water....or much mud....I’d pay more money to get good stuff. What sucks the most is that when this happens I install new pads on the frozen side after repair, but then also need to put new pads on the opposite side just to keep things equal. Any brand recommendations for brake hardware?

Last edited:

NickSchmaus

Observer
Broke down front brakes YET AGAIN. Frozen piston. I swear, I need a new source for brake hardware. My truck isn’t even a daily driver, only sees a few thousand miles a year, yet I feel like my front calipers don’t make as long as they should. Just checked my records, I replaced that caliper almost exactly two years ago and 10,000 miles. That can’t be right. It’s not always the same side either. I don’t drive through water....or much mud....I’d pay more money to get good stuff. What sucks the most is that when this happens I install new pads on the frozen side after repair, but then also need to put new pads on the opposite side just to keep things equal. Any brand recommendations for brake hardware?
Maybe you need to drive it more?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

TexasWheels

Removed the running boards, removed the skid plate, started removing front bumper sprayed a lot of PB blaster on other bolts while figuring out what's next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles