What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

raylesk

Washed and made a 4" extension for transfer shifter was tired of reaching down.

Attachments

• rps20150218_175044.jpg
    rps20150218_175044.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 34
  • transfer4.jpg
    transfer4.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 31

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Dudes, I finished retrofitting Power Door locks into my Raider. Now I have Power Windows and Power Door locks. I will want to go back and rewire the harness I created with heavier gauge wiring because the passenger side regulator works very, very slowly. I'll do the simple stuff first, and I also have a spare regulator for the passenger side I once purchased from Phil's Old Betsy 1. I'm not sure if any of you guys remember pictures of her. But other than that, it is all 100% operational.

Here is a snap shot of the Power Door Lock Controller and Power Relay.
IMAG2000.jpg

Last edited:

Jay Ayala

Explorer
Dudes, I salvaged my seat belts for my Raider today. Check out how faded they were. They look like new again.

IMAG2015.jpg

1989 Dodge Raider 3.0L
1997 Mitsubishi Montero 3.5L

bikerjosh

Explorer
attempted to program a new remote

So originally got my car with only one remote. Ordered another through ebay and wanted to program it. Originally I assumed the keyless entry module would be under the dash on the driver side directions mentioned finding the module and press the button on it to allow programming. Seemed simple enough. Looked under the dash and only thing resembling that was a small box that said "security" and had an adjustment dial versus a button.

So them I stumbled across a member that mentioned it was in the rear cargo area on the passenger side behind one of the body panels. Looked in my manual and sure enough come upon this.
keyless%20module_zpslchlf6he.jpg

Ok, well that is a pain in the butt but ok. So I tear apart the back and find this? Area to the right of speaker is just a cover no module.
IMG_20150221_112921_404_zpsycx03yvr.jpg

WTH! ABS Control was where it should be, but no keyless entry module. Anyone have a picture of what I'm looking for?
Thanks

Jay Ayala

Explorer
I finalized the wiring harness for my power window retrofit. Check it out.

Preliminary harness.
f56dade4f7951489168add572180ad36.jpg

New heavier 14awg wire gauge harness.
5aa5bc48f81c8dfd335743be82e0c5a1.jpg

Wrapping in 1/4" self wrapping conduit.
3798ba07eb95876425bb02c5ca4c005d.jpg

Last edited:

vanroth

Observer
Did a few things over the weekend to the Gen 3:

1. Moved my manual A/C controls to the lower storage bin location to make room for a double DIN stereo (Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX).

2. Installed aforementioned double DIN stereo, running and hiding wires for the GPS antenna and hands free mic.

3. Added two USB ports to the storage bin. These USB ports are connected to the back of the Pioneer and allow for charging and Apple Carplay.

4. (nearly) FREE MOD. Swapped the accessory power relay for a jumper making the storage bin and rear cargo 12v accessory ports constant power! Now I can run my ARB Fridge with no worries :)

Constant Power Mod.JPG + Constant Power Mod Jumper.jpg = CONSTANT 12V power

5. Replaced blown subwoofer -- went with a Polk db840 8" unit. Talk about a pain getting all the plastic removed to get to it :ar15:

Eric M

Adventurer

1. Moved my manual A/C controls to the lower storage bin location to make room for a double DIN stereo (Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX).

I've actually seen people take out the little compass display thing and its storage bin to make room for a double DIN stereo and retain the HVAC controls in the factory, seemingly more ergonomic, position. They filled the old head unit spot with a CB or some sort of radio.

sxharr05

Adventurer
Got it inspected. Which also "included":
Two front calipers
Two front rotors
Pads
Hoses
Wheel bearings adjusted.
Last major item will be full tune-up. I hope.

jhill15

Explorer

2. Installed aforementioned double DIN stereo, running and hiding wires for the GPS antenna and hands free mic.

3. Added two USB ports to the storage bin. These USB ports are connected to the back of the Pioneer and allow for charging and Apple Carplay.

4. (nearly) FREE MOD. Swapped the accessory power relay for a jumper making the storage bin and rear cargo 12v accessory ports constant power! Now I can run my ARB Fridge with no worries :)

View attachment 273609 + View attachment 273610 = CONSTANT 12V power

5. Replaced blown subwoofer -- went with a Polk db840 8" unit. Talk about a pain getting all the plastic removed to get to it :ar15:
Nice job man!

Did your sub still work but sound blown or did it just stop working all together? I need to replace mine but im not sure if its just the sub or amp related cause it doesnt work at all.

vanroth

Observer
Nice job man!

Did your sub still work but sound blown or did it just stop working all together? I need to replace mine but im not sure if its just the sub or amp related cause it doesnt work at all.

In my case it was obvious that it was blown. The separated cone just sat there rattling on certain tunes.

It is a lot of plastic to remove, but the amp is right there as well so you can try testing. If you were closer I'd give you my old radio so you could test to ensure it wasn't head unit related.

-vanroth

jhill15

Explorer
In my case it was obvious that it was blown. The separated cone just sat there rattling on certain tunes.

It is a lot of plastic to remove, but the amp is right there as well so you can try testing. If you were closer I'd give you my old radio so you could test to ensure it wasn't head unit related.

-vanroth
Thanks man, I will have to wait until spring to tear into it. We are supposed to have 10 inches of snow by thirday evening.

I still have my factory head unit so it wont be an issue putiing it back in, but to be honest I never really noticed if it worked before I swapped out stereos. I should've checked before hand.

Thanks again.

plh

Explorer

-vanroth

Same problem on my '05. Will have to wait until summer to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94