What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Marcus2113

Observer
I am getting the Montero ready for a summer trip. I replaced the air-filter and flushed the radiator multiple times to renew the coolant yesterday. I am still waiting on some parts, but over the next two weeks, I will be completing the following services:
Replace automatic transmission fluid/drain plug gasket
Replaced front/rear/t-case gear oil/drain&filler plug gaskets
Replace engine oil and filter
Replace brake rotors/pads
Replace brake fluid (DOT 4)
Grease Zerk Fittings
Lubricate all locks/hinges

bamaexplorer

Observer
Well ill try again.
Took my fender flares off. Was more of a pain then it should of been.
Still need to fill holes and probably paint the flare area.

arb098

Adventurer
I finally got to take the new Monty out after a good oil change. Nothing to intense, just a little ride through the back fields.

20170507_154601.jpg

Marcus2113

Observer
Finished a long overdue brake service on the Montero today. A significant improvement over OEM. For pictures check out: Brake Upgrade/Service - Gen 2.5 Mitsubishi Montero

arb098

Adventurer
We loaded up the Kayaks and finally got a chance to try out the Montero on some of the rougher mountain roads. I'm really surprised with how well this thing rides. It didn't occur to me how badly we need crossbars on our roof racks until I went to load the kayaks. :p

IMG_20170528_172828_226.jpg
IMG_20170528_172828_225.jpg

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Getting ready to bolt on a new A/C compressor & dryer. I removed the drying canister and the bracket was pretty rusty and needed some paint. I took off the whole thing, hit it with a wire wheel, and threw on some Rustoleum. A/C should be restored sometime this week. I always find it remarkable how much metal was used even for simple hangers and brackets all over this truck. Even with the rust that flaked off, there is still plenty of meat there to last for a long time to come.

snare

Adventurer
trying a cut and fold technique. just getting started.

Attachments

• cutfold.jpg
    cutfold.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 25

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Fluid exchange...

motor oil
front and rear differentials (GL-5)
transfer case (GL-4)
power steering flush
transmission flush (SP-III ATF)

...ready for some more summer wheeling.

Last edited:

122andy

Observer
Replaced the fan clutch(was running warm at idle) and took off the upper and lower intake to fix a coolant leak. I traced it to where the water pipe comes out of(or goes into) the water pump and runs down the V in the block. Kind of a pain, but no more leaks. Just put some grey rtv on it and let it sit overnight. Also fixed the cam sensor leak while I was in there and it was much more accessible. What a bear to get that thing off. I also replaced the sway bar bushings and end links. I had a "clunking" in the right front, that's all gone now.

haolepinoy

Incomplete Idiot
Dental Work

Got the hobbit minions out to do a little front end dentistry, complete with a coolant flush for that blackened halitosis.

IMG_5725.jpgIMG_5726.jpgIMG_5728.jpgIMG_5729.jpgIMG_5730.jpgIMG_5731.jpgIMG_5733.jpgIMG_5737.JPGIMG_5736.jpg

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
20690196_1929911857265313_6635549969108373634_o.jpg

I added at least 10 hp by adding these carbon fiber pedals to my Delica. They sort fit, but more importantly, they keep the original rubber covers from falling off. Plus, heel-toe is now better for racing. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94