ExPo: G-Wagen Registry

jolly

Hi!
This is our G 280 CDI Professional 2010
We bought the G in 2014 and did already some trips.
Have a look at our Blog and FB :)

We use a Upracks roof rack and and an Autohome Columbus Variant roof tent.
Of course the G has inside and ouside some ORC parts!

Sweet! i love the double barndoor Professionals

jacksond

Hey guys!
This past summer I purchased a 2014 G550 (Black exterior w/ Brown interior)! So far I've had a great time testing it out around Texas on some back roads, plains, and around rivers and creeks! While the vehicle was fully stock, the G had no problem with any obstacle I put before it. However, the challenges thus far haven't been too tough to begin with. Nonetheless, I've begun to equip it for bigger explorations to come in the near future!
First on the list was new all terrain tires. As I do use this as an everyday driver, I decided it was best not to have full on mud tires but a good set of all terrains. I wanted something aggressive and that could handle mud and snow where ever I may be. I ended up with the BFG KO2's in 275 75 18 (see third picture) - keeping the original G550 rims. The road noise has not been bad and the ride is still very smooth!
I was nervous that with the bigger sized tires (as I saw many others were on this forum previously) so I bought a set of the 50mm coil spacers from Titus on here. I have not received those yet but even without the spacers, there has not been any rubbing of the wheels to this point!
My roof rack just came in today as well, I went with the Gobi rack with a ladder. Getting that put on tomorrow!
Next up is an LED bar on the front of the rack and two in the back, steel front and back bumpers with a winch, and some side bars.

image2.JPG
image3.jpg
4.jpg

McBride

Adventurer
Very nice! You'll have to do a build/mod thread and keep us posted on your experiences. Looking forward to seeing more.

William

burquedoka

Adventurer
McBride and I never posted our co-owned rally raid G here. We built and raced it last year at the Sonora Rally in Mexico. We won 5th overall and 1st in our class, FIA T2 4wd. We are gearing up to do a 606 conversion for this years race. 1st place over all, here we come!

Attachments

• IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2899.JPG
    IMG_2899.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2900.JPG
    IMG_2900.JPG
    506.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Poohbah

This may, in fact, be the coolest G extant on this planet...and you and McBride are absolutely insane. Good luck this year!

CLMorgan

Observer
McBride and I never posted our co-owned rally raid G here. We built and raced it last year at the Sonora Rally in Mexico. We won 5th overall and 1st in our class, FIA T2 4wd. We are gearing up to do a 606 conversion for this years race. 1st place over all, here we come!

Enjoyed watching the 1st build and look forward to the next :)

Vagabondingg

This is my 2003 G55 AMG. I got it used 4 years ago with only 35K miles. I’ve gotten a ton of inspiration from this site and thought I should finally contribute. The pictures are from a recent trip up to Prudhoe Bay, AK from Northern California over 5 weeks. Yes, quitting your job and driving to Alaska may be a bit cliché, but it was a blast. It now has close to 115K miles! I’ll post some interior set up pictures as I can pretty much live out of this while on the road.

1B6A5701.jpg1B6A0603.jpg1B6A6771.jpg1B6A6618.jpg1B6A7073.jpg

Last edited:

soenke

Adventurer
Hey guys,

We have been travelling for many years with Land Cruisers before we have found a home and settled. So we needed a smaller car for the towing and playing in the fields and woods and the dream of my youth became reality:

A 1983 Puch G Wagon with 6 zylinder petrolengine, atomatic transmission, lockers, A/C from Behr, restored with double towing hook and the Rotzler winch.
It provides very much fun. We keep it stock and licenced as a historic oldtimer...

31334871am.jpg

31334902fw.jpg

31334919tj.jpg

Last edited:

jstephensaz

1992 250GD

I picked up my 1992 250GD before leaving Germany. I haven't driven it much because it's been on a boat and I've been in training for the last few months. I'm excited to join the G community.

I'll be looking for a bench seat for the back instead of the two buckets it came with if anyone knows where I can source one.

IMG_2978.jpg

GLouise500

Hi guys,

My husband and I recently purchased a green 2003 G500 (we call her Geez Louise). Prior to the G, we had W211 E500 Wagon that we used to go camping in all the time. We're excited to join the community and see what others are doing in the field!

Cheers,
Jen
IMG_2471.jpgIMG_0922.jpg

The picture of the G is from the Devils River State Natural Area in west Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles