Battery-powered portable shower

When reviewing the link about the Ivation battery powered shower it reads "consistent 2.5i/minute". I know of no liquid measurement in the U.S. system or metric system that has the abreviation of "i". What nuance am I missing?

When trying to do a comparison with Zodi I found the following.

Zodi™ has a self-contained portable Battery Powered Shower for rinsing dishes, cleaning up, hand washing, washing pets, showering etc. Powered by 4 D-cell batteries and place the compact pump in any water source.

The Zodi™ Battery-Powered Shower, "flow rate for the pump is ½ (.5) GPM, the water pressure is not available" per Cabela's website found under customer questions and answers for Zodi™ Outback Gear Zodi™ Battery-Powered Shower section about this product. The ½ (.5) GPM figure I verified with Zodi Customer Service.

Zodi™ has a portable 12 Volt shower. Place the pump in any water source and connect the 12 volt plug to a convenient 12 Volt power supply. The 12 Volt pump "delivers up to 1 gallon of water per minute" per the description on the Zodi™ website, i.e., pumping through a Zodi shower unit because the coils in the heating element restricts the water flow.

Zodi™ 12-Volt Pump and Washdown Hose "Up to 3 gallons of water free flow per minute" per the description on the Cabela's website. I verified with Zodi Customer Service. the "up to 3 gallons per minute" is with no restrictions on the flow of water.

These Zodi™ units runs at .5 (½ ) GPM and 1 GPM respectively.
As a point of reference your home shower runs at 2.5 gallons per minute.

The Ivation battery powered shower is interesting.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I was just researching these. The feedback from experienced users is that in the end the non powered options work better. I'm going this route. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

If your on a budget and have time and are a handy type. Pick up some 3inch black PVC put a cap on one end with a Shrader bike tire valve and put a cap on the other end with a hose bib. Put a quick connect hose fitting on it and bingo you have a great shower set up. You pressurize the pipe with a bike pump and the black pipe on the roof rack heats up in the sun etc. I think the other thing is a vent valve type deal so you can fill it via the hose bib. I've seen a few surfers using this set up works well.

inter

Observer
two corrections for this portable shower:
- continuous running - 40minutes
- pumping capacity - 2.5litres/minute

robgendreau

Explorer
I was just researching these. The feedback from experienced users is that in the end the non powered options work better. I'm going this route. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

If your on a budget and have time and are a handy type. Pick up some 3inch black PVC put a cap on one end with a Shrader bike tire valve and put a cap on the other end with a hose bib. Put a quick connect hose fitting on it and bingo you have a great shower set up. You pressurize the pipe with a bike pump and the black pipe on the roof rack heats up in the sun etc. I think the other thing is a vent valve type deal so you can fill it via the hose bib. I've seen a few surfers using this set up works well.

Or just put a schrader value and hose bib on one of your existing LCI water carriers. I did that, and use a PVC pipe as a feeder tube so it can be used standing up per usual. Works great with a blast of air. I use a regular hose fitting and spigot. And not just for showering but also for transfering wate to other containers, etc. Or just buy a little Harborfreight 12v pump and have that pump the water. Or buy one of the HF little garder sprayers, spray paint it black. Voila, shower with built in pressurizer and handy hand wand. For $10. Nice to clean dog and windshield too. Or on cloudy days heat water on stove and dump it in. Never use the Zodi anymore.

But despite having used all these, I still like the $15 vinyl shower bags. They heat up better and faster than hard shell PVC or other round containers in the sun, but you can still fill 'em with heated water. Simple. And store easily. And are cheap. Jeez, it's just pouring some warm water over you and they do that job quite well.

bluehash

Adventurer
I use this one, similar to the OP. Take it everytime for camping. For showers, I just put one end in a bucket with water heated up using my camp stove. Batteries still good after 3 trips.

mahabub66

It's good.
But Today I have bought Adjustable Bathroom Shower Caddy from Lifewit and it's just awesome.
I am so happy with this shower rack. I use it in a bathtub/shower combo. It has worked out well placing it in the corner of the tub opposite of the shower. I love that all the shelves are large, I have quite a bit of stuff on it and have not had any problems with it. When I put it together I found out that I did need to leave one piece of the pole connector off otherwise it would have be too tall for placing it on the corner of the tub, fits perfect now! It was a good buy, much better than my over the shower rack I was using, much more space!
You can buy this.
Trust me, it's amazing 
URL: amzn.to/2p7yxxq

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I think the other thing is a vent valve type deal so you can fill it via the hose bib.
I have a 13+ gallon PVC tank on my roof rack, with a simple boiler drain at the low point. High point has a compressor ball valve drain cock. When I want to fill from a garden hose, I just connect the hose to the boiler drain and open the drain cock on top. When water squirts out the drain cock, tank is full. Boiler drain, drain cock and the quick connect hose fittings are all from Home Depot, easy and cheap, with a quick connect bidet hose and nozzle for washing and showers.

fuzzcan

Is this something you could use in a State Park? Travelling to Oregon from Canada and unfamiliar with the rules. Would you use biodegradable soap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94