The Original EarthRoamer. New ER2K Owner With Some Show and Tell

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Awesome Tom. I only see 3 and 4.
What about;
weiner5.jpg

Mattersnots

Adventurer
The wiener mobile is awesome. Is that how you spell weiner?? Don't think I've ever had to spell it before. I didn't know they were still making them.

I just posted the two here. The others are on my blog, or I just did another post in the fireside section here.

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Thanks for the interest bigskypylot. Although I'm still puttering around and making minor improvements, other than cosmetics the truck renovation is finished. I'm happy to report that mostly I've just been using it. We are about to start a 6 week trip back to Washington from Baja. Look for us in the desert southwest exploring slot canyons and riding bikes. I have done a few updates to the blog. I'll link the latest one here so folks know I'm still out here.
tom.

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Steering upgrades

Blog link: Steering Upgrades
A quick summary here, but as usual the meat and potato's will be on the blog. Is there an easy way to cut and paste my blog posts onto this page so you guys can see the whole thing without me doing the work twice?

Although I never experienced death wobble the steering was starting to get a little loose. When I fix things on the firstroamer I always try to improve on stock or at least make sure I won't be back to address the same problem in the near future. With that in mind I had the steering control linkage replaced with custom tubing and heim joints. As the shocks were fading (since replaced) I started having my track bar attachment point contacting the mag-hytec differential cover. The guys at DT Pro Fab in Prescott, AZ, and Strapt Performance in Pheonix came up with a most excellent solution. I now have very precise steering.
New%252520steering.jpg

Last edited:

bigskypylot

Explorer
Blog link: Steering Upgrades
A quick summary here, but as usual the meat and potato's will be on the blog. Is there an easy way to cut and paste my blog posts onto this page so you guys can see the whole thing without me doing the work twice?

Although I never experienced death wobble the steering was starting to get a little loose. When I fix things on the firstroamer I always try to improve on stock or at least make sure I won't be back to address the same problem in the near future. With that in mind I had the steering control linkage replaced with custom tubing and heim joints. As the shocks were fading (since replaced) I started having my track bar attachment point contacting the mag-hytec differential cover. The guys at DT Pro Fab in Prescott, AZ, and Strapt Performance in Pheonix came up with a most excellent solution. I now have very precise steering.
IMG_1149.JPG

Awesome. I'll keep up on your blog! Looks good. Have fun and safe travels!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks for letting us know how you're getting along. Glad to hear all is good with the rig.

Keep enjoying your travels,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles