jeep jk unlimited camper project

bamajeep

Adventurer
Finished up the back side and have started on the door jams. All that's left on the lower section is to finish taping, glassing, and sanding (repeat, repeat, repeat...). Hope to be finished with all of that by the end of next week. Will then start on the top. IMG_2700.jpg

awol

Observer
That is looking really slick. Is the interior still framed with wood or did you change that up as well?

bamajeep

Adventurer
Thanks for all of the encouraging words. Ended up having to do maintenance on the kids' quads and lawnmower today, so didn't get to spend much time on the camper. Did get a chance to cut the side profile of the top. I took 5" out of the overall height from the original camper and 18" out of the cab-over section. I'm trying to simplify and lighten this one as much as possible, so instead of having a scissor lift, I'm going to hinge this one from the front with a piano hinge. The bed unit will also hinge from the front with gas struts so when the top pops, the bed will also go up with it. To use the bed at night, you'll just pull down on it and will still be left with 4+ ft of area in the back to move around.
IMG_2750.jpg

bamajeep

Adventurer
Thanks for all the kind words. Dan Grec, i am envious of your travels. As far as updates, I've got all of the pieces cut out for the top. I started on the tail light bezels but then realized that I was out of glue. I won't have that until the start of next week so this week will just be more sanding and prepping.

Last edited:

Yvan06

I wish we could do this kind of thing in France. But it's forbidden if not made by a professional. I mean, you still can do it, but it's really hard and expensive to get an insurance and to homologate of the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier