'02 Montero Limited - VSS and reverse wire

vanroth

Observer
So I'm just about finishing up my double DIN stereo upgrade with navigation and backup camera. I can't seem to find the under dash wire for the reverse and VSS signals. Certainly possible to pull signals off the back of the speedo harness and tail lights, but figured there has to be easier wires to tap into under the dash (or center console). Does anyone know which wires to tap?

-vanroth

SirFrancisDrake

2002 Montero Ltd
I would recommend downloading the FSM and looking through there... looks like 17 Engine and Emission Control or 54 Chassis Electrical might point you in the right direction

PDXMontero

The resource I have available lists the vss as white/blue at the data link connector. It was blank for the reverse wire. When I pulled up an '03 it listed the reverse wire as red/green in the drivers kick panel in the main harness running to the rear of the vehicle. Chances are good that it'll be the same for '02. I strongly recommend testing wires with a meter (not a test light) before making your connections.

vanroth

Observer
Thanks guys. Going doing a wheeling trip this weekend so won't have time to test, but will report back which wires I used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles