Thule bar awning mount. How'd you do it?

Kags1969

I found the ARB awning mounts for $23ea and bolted them to some Yakima Universal MightyMounts. Now i can quickly switch between the Tacoma or JKUR with the Rhino Rack

E3CAD70F-E3DB-4F54-864B-716B31FA8DEA_zps1wp7kn5e.jpg

99F218FB-5A07-428F-968C-D9E9A51CFC83_zps0ckow78w.jpg

709DCBDC-F9C5-4E45-BBD3-106F88036D06_zpsttqhmw8n.jpg

This looks like a great option! Just ordered my awning and was trying to work out a secure solution for my Thule Aeroblades without drilling. Thanks for the idea.

fender_fella

I really like the Yakima mighty mount idea but since I have Thule square bars I was looking at these and trying to think how I could mount an Arb awning to these, and then just clamp it onto the bars when I need it

well I guess I'm too new to post links but they are Thule load stops 503

202642_sized_640x420.jpg

fender_fella

I bought my ARB awning used but the guy I bought it from had these custom made by a welder. It's a T-bar that actually slides inside the load bar and screwed into place. On the end of the T is the flat bracket to mount the awning to. Pretty clever.IMG_2998.jpg
IMG_2999.jpg

Kags1969

I just installed my awning last night. I have Thule Aeroblades. I ordered 6 replacement bolts from etrailers.com. These are the ones that fit in the thule aeroblade track. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Thule/853-5648.html went to Home depot and got grade 8 - nylon insert bolts and a 7/16 inch drill bit. I got the ARB beefy brackets and had to open the holes up on the three that bolt to the bracket to the top of the bar. I bolted it all up, and is very solid. I will post pics after the sun comes up.

IMG_20170426_094013.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170426_094013.jpg
    IMG_20170426_094013.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

motoboss

Bad Influence
Reviving this old thread as I'm looking for a solution for mounting my new ARB 2000 to my Thule crossbars. Bombers brackets look like a great mount but spendy! Looking for 3 mounting points but everything is sold or packaged by 2's, hummmmm.

mezmochill

Is outside
Reviving this old thread as I'm looking for a solution for mounting my new ARB 2000 to my Thule crossbars. Bombers brackets look like a great mount but spendy! Looking for 3 mounting points but everything is sold or packaged by 2's, hummmmm.

If you have access to a hacksaw, vice, file, drill, propane torch and a big *** hammer you can make a relatively complex bracket yourself with ptretty thick material.

motoboss

Bad Influence
If you have access to a hacksaw, vice, file, drill, propane torch and a big *** hammer you can make a relatively complex bracket yourself with ptretty thick material.

:victory:

Got all that and a welder. Pretty much decided to make my own rack and mounts.

molemole

Anyone have any solutions mounting to Yakima corebars? All the products seem oriented towards round or square bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles