Thule bar awning mount. How'd you do it?

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Looking to mount the largest Camping lab awning onto a set of thule bars. ARB has a set of brackets for not too much money, but they require drilling my bars. :(

Post up your solution or link me to a thread, if you please.

Thanks!

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
The ARB/camping lab awnings have two channels, but thanks all the same: Gets my wheels turning as to what is available.

I'm spending $300+ on a new thule setup and the last thing i want to do is drill holes in it...haha.

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
BIGdaddy,

Did your awning come with any brackets at all? My CVT came with a piece of flat iron bent in a 90 that mounted to the two channels in the aluminum extrusion. I just used 4 of the yakima snap rounds and 4 SS carriage bolts. They grip the bars like heck and are compatible with Thule bars as well.

wsswesty

Observer
I'm interested in hearing everyone's ideas. I have the same question. I have an ARB awning and Thule bars. All new stuff haven't mounted anything yet. Trying to figure out an inexpensive way to mount the awning.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
BIGdaddy,

Did your awning come with any brackets at all? My CVT came with a piece of flat iron bent in a 90 that mounted to the two channels in the aluminum extrusion. I just used 4 of the yakima snap rounds and 4 SS carriage bolts. They grip the bars like heck and are compatible with Thule bars as well.

It did, but they were for a garvin wilderness rack. If i can use them, i will, but looking for other options, too. Thanks for detailing your setup.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I honestly had something similar to the labrak setup in my head. Considering just welding up my own version. :)

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
I know this is a kind of old thread, but I felt it relevant. Bomber Products makes a Thule/Yakima mounting solution. Made in America, lifetime warranty. Yes I own this company, feel free to reach out with questions or comments.

amo292

Adventurer
I know this is a kind of old thread, but I felt it relevant. Bomber Products makes a Thule/Yakima mounting solution. Made in America, lifetime warranty. Yes I own this company, feel free to reach out with questions or comments.

Found your stuff on Instagram recently and your products look amazing. I saw this thread pop up and was going to recommend them, funny you got to it first! I hope to try your awning mounts as soon as the stuff I have fails!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online