Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Enroute to OE East via Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky/Tennessee, little exploring and off-roading and lost the 23 year old original alternator. Pulled out the ShopRoll and swapped out a new alternator in the Autozone parking lot and on the road again!IMG_3576.JPG6E539E56-AA18-4233-A57B-69B6A90023BB.jpegB1BE57A2-BC9A-451D-9B44-236FA7D843B5.jpegIMG_3600.JPGIMG_3604.JPGD7E9F6C9-5B7D-4FF0-B575-9128735EAE37.jpeg3FA864C7-296A-4C24-AF54-0066C874200C.jpeg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
A little 2018 OE East photo Tiger montage.....4000 miles, 16 days, 11 states, 2 days of sun, constant rain, mud, cold, fall colors, incredible southern cooking, blown alternator, leaking ATF cooler line, cool customers, awesome wife......priceless and thankful to be home!IMG_3550.JPGIMG_3564.JPG5009130B-9A1E-4423-934C-FC93F5E87EDF.jpeg95EB2AE4-6630-4A9F-9903-EBB9257E3F4F.jpegIMG_3604.JPGIMG_3609.JPGIMG_3611.JPGIMG_3627.JPG723956F0-FF07-43B8-8581-3B3AAD106132.jpegE8DA59D6-01CA-4893-98B8-4EB746DD4F8A.jpeg

Last edited:

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Welcome back Paul, it was great meeting you and your wife, you were both super nice. I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the rain, more rain, the mud, the deep mud then the cold, then the freezin' cold.

I love the ShopRoll with complete set of DeWalt tools, although not inexpensive it was a bargain if I bought all seperatly. The interior orange is great and the quality of the fabric and stitching is tank proof, extremely tough and robust. I must not have been the only one impressed with your products because every time I strolled by you had quite a few people at your booth, hopefully it was a good show.

As I told you, the tools came in handy as my awning would not retract and after 90 minutes of trying to fix I just decided to take it off, pile it in the Chinook and worry about it at home. Had I not bought your ShopRoll with tools I woiuld have had to drap it up over roof and duck tape it down...haha.

Here is pic of ShopRoll with orange interior.....

1542506367076.jpeg

Rolled up:

1542506392741.jpeg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Welcome back Paul, it was great meeting you and your wife, you were both super nice. I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the rain, more rain, the mud, the deep mud then the cold, then the freezin' cold.

I love the ShopRoll with complete set of DeWalt tools, although not inexpensive it was a bargain if I bought all seperatly. The interior orange is great and the quality of the fabric and stitching is tank proof, extremely tough and robust. I must not have been the only one impressed with your products because every time I strolled by you had quite a few people at your booth, hopefully it was a good show.

As I told you, the tools came in handy as my awning would not retract and after 90 minutes of trying to fix I just decided to take it off, pile it in the Chinook and worry about it at home. Had I not bought your ShopRoll with tools I woiuld have had to drap it up over roof and duck tape it down...haha.

Here is pic of ShopRoll with orange interior.....

View attachment 484571

Rolled up:

View attachment 484572

What a great story and field repair! Do you mind if we share it and the photos? I enjoyed talking with you as well and if I had time would have enjoyed seeing your rig. Take care and be safe.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
What a great story and field repair! Do you mind if we share it and the photos? I enjoyed talking with you as well and if I had time would have enjoyed seeing your rig. Take care and be safe.

Be my guest.....you guys looked real busy so maybe next time.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Been home for a week now, catching up on shipping orders (thanks for everyone's patiences and hope you liked your surprises!?!), prepping for the Holiday and finally got chance to power wash 4K worth of road grime and mud off our Tiger and trailer. Getting it ready for winter storage......yay......

IMG_20181117_125904736.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Ok, the Christmas season has finally slowed down and I just picked up the engine oil cooling lines and orings to do the preventive replacement since they are weeping from the crimp collars. Hope to have them in soon since we're planning on a couple of winter trips to the Mounment Valley/Utah area before the event season kicks in. We already have Easter Jeep, Cruise Moab, Expo West, Expo East, Rocky Mountain Overland Rally and the Outdoor Industry show on our calendar so the ole Tiger will be working hard in 2019!!IMG_3807.JPG

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
The shop roll with the orange interior is really cool.

I like to keep small parts in the three pockets on the left side of mine. I have an unfortunate habit of dumping the contents of all three when fishing through one.

It might not be practical, but I was looking at those mesh inserts on the ATC website and I was kind of wondering if they could be made to fit inside those there pockets.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
The shop roll with the orange interior is really cool.

I like to keep small parts in the three pockets on the left side of mine. I have an unfortunate habit of dumping the contents of all three when fishing through one.

It might not be practical, but I was looking at those mesh inserts on the ATC website and I was kind of wondering if they could be made to fit inside those there pockets.

Thanks Trailscape. I'll take a look. Since the "Socket Pockets" have accordion style sides there would be enough expansion room for additional storage.

trailscape

Explorer
Awesome. I'm mostly using them for sockets, but I might add some other odd 'n ends. I'd be down for a custom order of several small ones and a longer one for the opposite side.

Thanks Trailscape. I'll take a look. Since the "Socket Pockets" have accordion style sides there would be enough expansion room for additional storage.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Ok, it's been a crazy first part of 2019! Haven't had much time or decent weather to work on the Tiger. But, today we had a sunny 50 degree day and I managed to pull and replace both oil cooler lines that started leaking on our return trip from OE East. They were leaking in the ususal place at the crimp where the rubber hose meets the metal line, so this was more preventive. I've been told that if the lines failed you could lose all your motor oil in just a few moments (depending on the leak) and lose your motor!

IMG_20190122_105741833_HDR.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Part of living in the mountains is your always moving snow to get to your vehicles. The other day, prior to working on the Tiger, I was plowing the driveway to give me a clear spot to work on.....I was goofing off and clearing the shop site and managed to sink the front end of our working pig in a deep drift.....spent the next hour pulling it out! IMG_3923.JPGIMG_3923.JPGIMG_20190225_152947111_HDR.jpgIMG_20190225_152916747_HDR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles