Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Nice build! It would be show stopper at the annual owners Tiger Rally in Leadville next June. We have had 30+ Tigers attend for the last 4 years, nice mix of vintage and restored Astro and Truck based models as well as the newest and greatest production units right our of Provan in South Carolina. Plenty to see and share!
Hope to see you on the road ( when I see a tiger, I always stop)
http://tigerowners.freeforums.org/index.php

Jebers53- Thanks for the invite. We heard about this group and meeting at OE West. I'm not sure we can make this one, but it's going to be on our "To Do" list! Thanks!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Got the new Converter installed yesterday. Adding 100watt solar today...damn, now I know why electricians get paid what they get paid!IMG_2056.jpgIMG_2058.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Loaded my ATC ShopRoll and large Tool Pouch. Both fit nicely under the driver's seat and the ShopRoll has a good set of hand tools and supplies. The large Tool Pouch actually has a set of jumper cables in and also fits under the driver's seat.photo.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Got the 100 watt solar cell and controller installed. Heading to New Mexico to test it out! Love the free volts it's adding to the battery.IMG_2062.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Awesome lone campsite in Carson National Forest off FR44C! Top of the mountain and not a soul for miles. Loved it! (Except for ripping the vent stack cap off due to a rogue tree branch...)Picture 093.jpg

Last edited:

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Awesome lone campsite in Carson National Forest off FR44C! Top of the mountain and not a soul for miles. Loved it! (Except for ripping the vent stack cap off due to a rogue tree branch...)

I did that several times on my truck camper till I came home one day and made a strap for it that held the cap on. I had an old piece of Mechano strap that I bent to hold the cap on, screwed it to the base and never had an issue again.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I did that several times on my truck camper till I came home one day and made a strap for it that held the cap on. I had an old piece of Mechano strap that I bent to hold the cap on, screwed it to the base and never had an issue again.

Great tip! Thx!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Really cool to see you guys getting the rig out while it is in still getting tweaks, too many people wait till things are perfect.
Now I just need to get you some more habano cigars to enjoy in your travels :)
Thanks for the great red tool roll and when you are back in town I need to get some more colorful ATC goodies in my old burb.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Really cool to see you guys getting the rig out while it is in still getting tweaks, too many people wait till things are perfect.
Now I just need to get you some more habano cigars to enjoy in your travels :)
Thanks for the great red tool roll and when you are back in town I need to get some more colorful ATC goodies in my old burb.

Dude...it was so great finally meeting you at OE! And thanks for the great cigar. Are you heading to OE East? If so, the cigars are on me! Be safe.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
being based in Phx the east coast event is too far....
but I am happy to bring my cuban cigars to colorado and escape this phx heat :)

spnce

Where do you keep your spare? I've been grappling with that on my ford-based tiger -- I'd like the hitch to be free for a bike rack...

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Where do you keep your spare? I've been grappling with that on my ford-based tiger -- I'd like the hitch to be free for a bike rack...

Ours came with the Provan rear mount spare tire carrier, but it turns out the OEM frame mounted spare tire mount was still underneath the truck, so I removed the noisy / rickety Provan mount and mounted it in the OEM mount. Has worked out great. I'm in the process of designing/creating a rear mount motorcycle/gear carrier so I may also throw the spare on it. Haven't really decided yet. Good luck!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Prepping for 3 day road trip from the Rockies to 2017 OE Ashville, NC. Got a bigger trailer to haul all our swag to the event and installed Sirus radio system. Didn't realize that newer vehicles no longer have all the holes in the firewall for running wires? Finally had to drill a new hole and throw in a grommet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne