06 Fe180 cruise control?

boostin

Adventurer
Hey guys

I have a 06 Fe180 auto trans 4m50 and would like to add cruise control..is this possible with drive by wire?

I noticed the 08 with the same engine has cruise...possible to add that to the 06 with some ingenuity?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I do not think that there is an OEM cruise control, except for maybe the current models, but there are a few companies that do aftermarket ones.
I don't have one myself, but did consider it for my truck at one point. Did contact a couple of companies, but the units were not all that cheap ($750 - $1500 from memory).

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
This is my cruise control

80-dsc_0012_edited_1_f141db7ef9d30a9a19b7ed7ddef7e06f8431d160.jpg

boostin

Adventurer
I do not think that there is an OEM cruise control, except for maybe the current models, but there are a few companies that do aftermarket ones.
I don't have one myself, but did consider it for my truck at one point. Did contact a couple of companies, but the units were not all that cheap ($750 - $1500 from memory).

2008 deff has one if you look into the fe truck auto trans..

I might get the wiring diagram for it and see how it's wired and go from there.

KMG

Adventurer
I have a 2013 FG and after experiencing how slow it accelerates, I think I'll convert my cruise control activation/deactivation switch into a throttle switch and eliminate the throttle pedal completely. When you're ready to depart you push the switch and have wide open throttle until you turn it off when you arrive. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94