The RECTIFIED PreRunner Build

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
KMF Tiregate Continued

Cutting out some Gussets

First Part of the Gate Installed

Measuring Tire Height

First Upright being welded!

This is Andrew at Keepers Metal Fabrication. He's a ************!

That ***!

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
KMF Tiregate Final DAY!!

Alright so I left the other night with the tire on the gate and have been running around everywhere since! It shall be finished today! Gotta finish all the welds, get the tire mount welded on, fix the hinges since we were limited on the swing-out action, and paint! Gunna be busy but I'll leave you all with some teaser pics :)

dstn2bdoa

Adventurer
Beautiful truck.

Pics of how the tailgate latches closed and close ups of how the heims are attached to the round bar. Did you just thread the bar and thread them in, or are they welded too?

Thanks

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
Beautiful truck.

Pics of how the tailgate latches closed and close ups of how the heims are attached to the round bar. Did you just thread the bar and thread them in, or are they welded too?

Thanks
Thanks man! Ill try to get some closer pics, cant remember the name of the threaded part that is welded into the DOM but that's what the heims thread into

Wow turned out really good. Any specific reason for that angle, why not just go vertical?

Thanks, I guess I just wanted to be different haha, not many guys rocking the prerunner style like this mixed with the bedrack and RTT setup. Really trying to give my truck the "Expo-PreRunner" look :cool:

Looks great Phteven!

HAHA! thanks dude :D

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
KMF PreRunner Tiregate Build - Final Day

Headed out to Andrew's last night to install the last addition for the gate!

Needless to say this has been a long yet very successful prototype build:) The Y-Bar and aluminum sleeve were the final touch! Here's some quick pics I took last night. I'll add more in the next couple days

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
KMF Tiregate Build

New Y-Bar installed and Swingout action

As you can see it needs to be touched up, but from the bottom of the gate under the tire, you can see there are 2 mounting points/studs for the Y-Bar to screw into. The other mount point is for when the tire is inside the bed/opposite direction from where it's shown

Only thing that may be necessary is to add some sport of spacer for the top heim joint. The tabs were welded wider than than the bottom ones to allow the gate to swing through them when the tire is flipped and mounted inside the bed. Also need to cut down the pins and find some orange plastic dip

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
RTT Lighting

My buddy Andrew at KMFAB also hooked up my RTT with some awesome interior lighting! Absolutely love the output from these little LED bars purchased on Amazon!:Wow1:

First off is this little box he made entirely from scratch! Drilled the holes for the switches (Ambers of course) and wires coming out of it, then worked some magic inside.

From that box, 1 wire goes along the tent to the center. Then the wire is ziptied to the center pole for the interior LED bar

Let there be LIGHT!

Zooming out shows the wire that is drilled through the bottom and silicone for the Ladder/Annex LED

And a pic from below

MOAR Light!

Going back inside the RTT, this is a 12V accessory outlet that I originally bought from amazon. Again Andrew worked magic, so the red 12V power cord that extends from my blue sea 12v sockets in my bed is wired directly into it. This keeps both accessory outlets free It also has the original power wire running over to the first box with the switches, transferring the power once the main red wire is plugged in!

Heres the main red 12V power wire running to the outside and into my bed sockets

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
MOAB Prep and Updates

About 4 months later I have a lot of updating to do! I have been busy with mods and the big trip to Moab, UT back in May!

After breaking another stock lower control arm, I picked up another sponsor, Dirt King Fabrication! They hooked me up with their Heimed Upper Control Arms, and their Stock Length Uniball & Boxed Lower Control Arms! Also purchased the new TOYO R/Ts in 35/12.50R17 then upgraded to Superbump Front Bumpstops and welded in some Total Chaos Cam Tab Gussets

Shortly after this Mod day, I found the infamous Skygear in Tucson! He built me one of his 5 Relay 10 Fuse, Bussmann fuse blocks aka Skygear Box! This cleaned up all my wiring under the hood for the LED lights and a few more electronics. Cant thank him enough, he truly is a master for all your aftermarket wiring needs!

Before

After

Last edited:

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
T.a.Co Rock Therapy 2015 in Moab, Utah

No better way to describe an EPIC trip than with every picture I took! It was the biggest adventure I've ever been on, and definitely challenged me, but I still took this 2WD PreRunner to one of the best 4WD hotspots in the US!:cool:

Monument Valley
18354747106_4029c189e4_h.jpg

Area BFE

Rolled out with RebelTaco and crew to TOTW immediately after arrival in BFE

Made it to the Top! No damage and no tugs!

Just as crazy as I am!

I'll blame lack of sleep and attention for this. We left the group to get back to town and get groceries before we got really tired so I basically did the whole rest of TOTW loop by myself...in a PreRunner ;) This ledge sucked but with the help of my hi-lift, we got out of this mess pretty easily.

RINZLER

Outdoor Enthusiast
T.a.Co Rock Therapy Cont..

First morning in BFE

Headed up Sand Flats to Hells Revenge!

Almost followed the Pelfrey's down the first hill to Hells Gate o_O Didn't realize where I was going, so I sat back and took some pics

Hells Overlook of the Colorado

Crawled back over and watched the Hells Gate Drivers...took some more pics

Broken LCA led to a traffic jam...and photo sesh with Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior