Nissan Photos - post your's

maXTERRA

Adventurer
I originally bout the X for a commuter vehicle with 4wd.
Instantly was impressed with its OR capability even stock, and improving and increasing those capabilities has not stopped.

jackflash

Observer
Lift and tire size?

20140824_160757_HDR.jpg

jbumx2

Observer
Lift and tire size?
2.5" strut spacers and 1.5" shackles currently. The leaf springs have since sagged and I've lost about 0.5" in the back since the lift was installed. OME medium Dakar springs will probably go on at some point.

Tires are 235/85R16 Cooper ST Maxx.

narddog

Observer
2.5" strut spacers and 1.5" shackles currently. The leaf springs have since sagged and I've lost about 0.5" in the back since the lift was installed. OME medium Dakar springs will probably go on at some point.

Tires are 235/85R16 Cooper ST Maxx.

I have the same suspension setup and have been curious how the 235's look on our truck. Do you have any other profile shots? How's the ride?

jbumx2

Observer
I have the same suspension setup and have been curious how the 235's look on our truck. Do you have any other profile shots? How's the ride?

Dont' have too many pics, but I can take some if you like. The 235s are skinny. The ST Maxx is the widest 235, however. I've seen pics of 235 BFG ATs on the Frontier and I think those are too skinny for my taste.

The tires are load range E so they are definitely not as compliant as the stock tires. You will feel more bumps on the road for sure, but for me it's not really that bad and something that I got used to pretty quickly. The truck is my daily driver.

I had some coil bucket contact with the upper control arm when I first installed the 2.5" spacers. I put on bump stops on the the UCA and that solved the metal-on-metal clanking for me. I also recently replaced the stock front shocks with some Bilstein 5100s and that improved the ride noticeably. Bumps are no longer as jarring as before. I should also mention that I removed my anti-roll bar. Truck leans a little more in turns but with my conservative driving habits not an issue for me. Smoother suspension off road makes it worth it to me.

narddog

Observer
Dont' have too many pics, but I can take some if you like. The 235s are skinny. The ST Maxx is the widest 235, however. I've seen pics of 235 BFG ATs on the Frontier and I think those are too skinny for my taste.

The tires are load range E so they are definitely not as compliant as the stock tires. You will feel more bumps on the road for sure, but for me it's not really that bad and something that I got used to pretty quickly. The truck is my daily driver.

I had some coil bucket contact with the upper control arm when I first installed the 2.5" spacers. I put on bump stops on the the UCA and that solved the metal-on-metal clanking for me. I also recently replaced the stock front shocks with some Bilstein 5100s and that improved the ride noticeably. Bumps are no longer as jarring as before. I should also mention that I removed my anti-roll bar. Truck leans a little more in turns but with my conservative driving habits not an issue for me. Smoother suspension off road makes it worth it to me.

I'm riding on E rated BFG AT's and am familiar with the harsher ride. Running on 265/75's right now but have been thinking of going to a skinny when they wear out. I'd like to stay with 32's since the truck is designed to use em. 255's seem nice too but the stress on the system, cost, availability, etc is a turn off.

VanIsleGuy

'07 with full OME suspension, BFG KOs 265-75/17, CVT RTT, Raingler net. Soon to have custom storage, onboard air and water, ARB front bumper & winch, custom rear bumper to carry spare tire, fuel and Highlift.

6bb9cb76edc7b47ca20a328435c169dd.jpg

Coast to coast trip next year!

Lewers

Not sure why I've never posted in here. Here's our two Nissans:

One for camping and expedition type wheeling...
581973_10151966177063452_1690488893_n.jpg 1271084_10151689336121045_1523820442_o.jpg

And one for a little more heavy crawling...
XterraGone.jpg 972279_10152890105600721_637623361_n.jpg

E.J.

Explorer
IMG_20140925_122014.jpg

Just picked this up a few days ago, 2005 Nismo Offroad. Already performed the radiator trans cooler bypass. Quite an upgrade from the Subaru I just retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles