Nissan X-trail build/trip thread from the UK

Boot storage

Evening all,

I've recently built a simple under boot floor storage area I thought I'd share. Since the spare wheel is now on the roof full time I thought I should make better use of the area under the floor.

It only took a few hours to make using various ply offcuts, so in my opinion it was well worth it!

Cut the first piece to shape
DSC_0185.jpg

Added some more
DSC_0190.jpg

And finished
DSC_0192.jpg

It provides storage for some tools, recovery gear and a compressor

On another note I took part on a Land Rover Experience TREC day in South Devon today in the Nissan, I'll try and get some pics up soon!

Dom

Dmski

Adventurer
Cool X trail and great pictures of it greenlaning! I went out hiking in Ireland when I visited and ran across some greenlanes. Beautiful scenery and was an absolute mudfest like your pictures and I remember wishing I was in a 4x4! Did they ever bring the X trail to North America?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Cool X trail and great pictures of it greenlaning! I went out hiking in Ireland when I visited and ran across some greenlanes. Beautiful scenery and was an absolute mudfest like your pictures and I remember wishing I was in a 4x4! Did they ever bring the X trail to North America?

Canada only, and just for 2/3 years. Still a lot of them on the road up here

LRE TREC day

As promised, here are a few pics of the Land Rover Experience TREC day.

It is a very well run guided tour,mostly on the private Clinton estates. My dad and I were driving the only non-LR vehicles. The guides were driving discovery 4's and a 90. There was a good mix of old and new LR's from a new Range Rover vogue SE to an old Disco 1.

The day was split in two by a scenic lunch spot on the river bank, along with crossing the river three times. The terrain was a good mix of easy trails with some more challenging, sometimes optional, sections to give the vehicles a good workout.

A highly recommended day out for all the family!

Anyway, onto the photos

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

After the fairly easy morning, it was time to have a go at the river crossing. This was quite challenging, no low range, a moderate current and quite deep water meant the little Nissan struggled a bit. My inexperience at water crossings didn't help! This was my first attempt of three, a little fast!

SG109981.jpg

The front number plate was having issues...

SG109986.jpg

Dad showing us how it's done

SG100002.jpg

SG109975.jpg

SG100011.jpg

Much more controlled

SG100135.jpg

SG100020.jpg

SG100173.jpg

SG100184.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

SG100156.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

The last area of the day had some really good climbs!

SG100249.jpg

SG100253.jpg

What goes up...

SG100284.jpg

There was a nice cream tea to finish off a great day.

Not too dirty

DSC_0339.jpg

Dom

Lucky j

Explorer
Nice work!

And as asked again and mentionned before up here, only 2005 and 2006 in canada, no diesel, fwd and fwd/awd/4wd were offered.

Last edited:

sweety

Observer
Not been on for a while but glad to see you got your lift done & you still happy with it ? grate pic's BTW

Steven-M

Hi, great ride, I have almost the same!
How did you construct the mounting points of your roof rack? Can you post a picture of that? And what about the wiring for the lights. Do they run beside the front windscreen?

I'v got very insprired of your post and was searching for a roofrack of some sort myself. But now I'm thinking of making one myself!!

Greets from The Netherlands!

Hi, great ride, I have almost the same!
How did you construct the mounting points of your roof rack? Can you post a picture of that? And what about the wiring for the lights. Do they run beside the front windscreen?

I'v got very insprired of your post and was searching for a roofrack of some sort myself. But now I'm thinking of making one myself!!

Greets from The Netherlands!

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Here is how I mounted the rack to the roof, I won't use the sandwiching pieces next time.

I ran the wiring for the lights down the passenger side of the windscreen using duct tape to hold it in place. Next time (or when I re-wire mine) I will run the wires through a cable gland in the roof.

There is a bit more on my car on the UK x-trail forum if your interested, also I will have x-trail roof racks for sale soon (PM for details).

Give it a go at making one yourself, be sure to post some pictures.

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles