Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

lhanson

Adventurer
If you're set on those wheels just run spacers. From my experience with 4.5" backspacing, I had quite a bit of frame rub. I run 1.25" spacers, which is like running 3.25" backspacing... and no rub on the frame at full lock with 285s.

How much trimming did you do too the pinch welds? Any photos or recommendations? I am hitting the top of the fenders as well. Maybe the Toyo At2s are extra big P285???

I just got Eibach 2.5in x 14in 650lbs coils. It should lift my bts coil overs back to full lift.

lhanson

Adventurer
Sorry for the delay but I have finally gotten my tundra build underway. School as been bringing the hammer down. Here are the updates:

Installed Ebiach 650lbs coils aligned truck and folded pinch weld over->

Installed All Pro Sliders (Powder coated satin black, 3m grip tape on top and bolted them on)->

Installed Baja Designs OnX6 20in with mode selection (Current plans to mount all switches for my Baja Design lights under my stereo like so)->

After a trip off roading in big bear I preformed basic maintenance (fuel filter change, oil/filter, and air filter). Debating on a drop in Dry filter or Cold air intake with a dry filter such as AFE. Suggestions and 2cents?

Next on list:
Mount CB radio and 2 foot firestik antenna on bed by cab and mount highlift jack on bed as well

On board air. Thinking Arb Twin as I will be getting a rear locker in future most likely. All open diffs is wild.

Baja Designs XL x 2 for bumper (cornering lights) and 2 sII for bumpers and possibly rock lights

Roof top tent from Tepui hopefully soon on top of thule contractor rack

Last edited:

Derek24

Explorer
Afe dry air filter is what I ended up with. You already have a cold air intake factory, aftermarket ones just make noise and some suck in hot air! Pics look good, i like the switch mount!

seanpistol

Explorer
Looks good!

Sorry for the late response, but I completely ground down my pinch weld. Photos in my build thread.

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
You certainly need some more lights, Lance..
I might know where to get some for you! :sombrero:

lhanson

Adventurer
Calling all you 1st gen folks! Im in market for a rear plate style bumper!!!! Who makes one??? Im in Southern CA.

seanpistol

Explorer
If you got the tools make one yourself! If you don't- get a fab shop to do it. They're basic so it shouldn't cost too much. Brute Force Fab makes one, but it has bo benefit for your departure angle.

lhanson

Adventurer
If you got the tools make one yourself! If you don't- get a fab shop to do it. They're basic so it shouldn't cost too much. Brute Force Fab makes one, but it has bo benefit for your departure angle.

I have a shop I use for custom fabrication religiously and Im most likely going to have them build one. I just want to see if there is any out there already being built. Some days I wish I had a 2005+ tacoma. So many options out there for parts.

lhanson

Adventurer

Wonder how this would look with bed so long in rear of the 1st gen tundra. I kinda want a plate style bumper like this with out the tire carrier and a hidden hitch behind lic plate.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
That taco doesn't have any better departure angle than mine. I plan on doing the same to mine and cutting the bed sides ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433907119.537844.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles