Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

lhanson

Adventurer
Hello all. The mod bug has bitten. I recently just picked up a 2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4. Pristine is an understatement of its current standing. The frame was painted every year. Not a speck of rust to be found. All service records. One owner its entire life. I bought the truck off my neighbor who became like a father to me. :)

Current mods:

Suspension:
Total Chaos Uniball Uppers
Custom Kings: Front Tundra Coilover 2.5 Remote Resi with Compression Clickers (Extended Travel), 10" - Rear 2.0 Remote Resi with Compression Clickers
Archive Garage Deaver Expo Pack
Archive Garage Ubolt Flip Kit
Kartek 930 CV boots (Modded OEM CV)
Moog Ball Joints all points (Soon to be OEM)

Icon Extended Travel Coilovers (SOLD)
Icon 2.0 Rear Shocks (Soon to be forsale! $175 for set!)

Brakes:
2006 OEM Brakes
TRD Big Brake Kit (Awaiting rebuild)

Tires/Wheels:
Method Mesh M306 Matte Black Wheels
BFG KO2 285/70 R17
Spydertrax 1.25" spacer in front

Protection/Armor:
All Pro Sliders
Solo Motorsports Custom Rear Tube Bumper With Hidden Hitch (Forsale! $750. Message if interested!)
Brute Force Fab Front Bumper with custom low profile hoop photos of it can be found here - (http://www.lhansonphotography.com/Galleries/Brute-Force-Fab/n-c95M5T/)

Lights/Electricity Stuff:
Optima Yellow Top
Full interior LED White Kit
Baja Designs 30in Onx6 Hi-Power Driving Combo (On front bumper)
Baja Designs S2 Pro (CBI Ditch Light Brackets)
Baja Designs Sports (On rear bumper)
Baja Designs s2 Pro Flood (Side Lights)
Spod, Single Din 6 Switch Holder
ARB single Compressor hard mounted in engine bay

Amenities/Camp:
Tepui Autana Ruggedized Roof Top Tent Current Gen 2017 with zippered base (Forsale! Available 10/05. PM if interested)
Custom Telescoping Bed Rack That Lifts Up on Gas Shocks

Recovery:
ARB Rear Locker
Superwinch Talon 9.5 Synthetic Rope
Factor55 Pro Link E
Masterpull Tree Saver
Big Foot Winch Ropes Soft Shackles
Big Foot Winch Ropes Snatch Rope 30ft

On the way mods:

Brute Force Fab Rear High Clearance Dual Swing Out Bumper Fully Farkled (SOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!)

First Day I took the keys
IMG_1537-2.jpg

Currently Sits
Cle Elum8736 by Lance Hanson, on Flickr

Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer
Wow that is a clean rig, those rims need to go tho:) that will look awesome on methods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
One by one we take over this section of the forum. Awesome! Excellent looking rig and welcome to the Tundra crowd, lots of us here!

lhanson

Adventurer
One by one we take over this section of the forum. Awesome! Excellent looking rig and welcome to the Tundra crowd, lots of us here!

Ohhhhhhh I envy your build thread rickashay ! This is actually my second tundra but I'm excited to build this one right at no expense spared. You have extreme knowledge in tire fitment haha.

With anticipation of my P285 70 R17 Toyo AT II and Method Mesh M306 17in Wheels, back spacing 4.75" and 8.5" wide rim. Will I need to do any trimming?

tyv12

Adventurer
Pretty sure that's a Tacoma backspacing, pretty sure to not use wheel speakers you need 3.5" bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lhanson

Adventurer
That backspacing is going to rub the frame like nobodys bidness.

Is there any way to remedy this? or must I run SCR wheels?? They are the ONLY ones I have found with backspacing thats less than 4.5". Every wheel I have found in 17in is 8.5" wide rim and 4.75" back spacing.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
The wheels are definitely out there. For an 8.5" wide wheel you need something closer to 4" backspacing or -19 offset.

Here's a good chart for converting BS to offset:

687474703a2f2f706572666f726d616e63656c696674732e636f6d2f6d656469612f777973697779672f776865656c5f6f66667365745f6261636b73706163652e676966.gif

You could also use a set of wheel spacers: http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/wheels-lugs-nuts-25561/spidertrax-1-25-wheel-spacer-pair/

lhanson

Adventurer
Is there any bead lock look likes the method meshes in proper back spacing. And I'm confused why would I need to run spacers if I need a wheel under 4.5in back spacing. Thanks for all the help folks. I want this build going now. All the suspension parts and tires are waiting for my 17" wheels to continue build.

seanpistol

Explorer
If you're set on those wheels just run spacers. From my experience with 4.5" backspacing, I had quite a bit of frame rub. I run 1.25" spacers, which is like running 3.25" backspacing... and no rub on the frame at full lock with 285s.

Stone_Blue

Adventurer
Just be careful using spacers: make sure your wheel studs are long enough...If not, you may need to replace them with longer ones...Shouldnt be an issue with less than 1" spacers...1.25" maybe...1.5" most likely pushing it...Anything more, most likely will need new studs.

seanpistol

Explorer
I have 1.25" front and 1.5" rear spacers with All-Pro's "extended thread" lug nuts. I'm an aircraft mechanic in the AirForce, where I'd say we have to abide by the strictest standards around- our tech data says just two threads are needed to achieve 100% hold. I'd say on both my front and rear spacers I have 7 or 8 threads with those extended thread lug nuts. No problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles