Off-road teardrop build from Canada

jaydon44

Observer
Where did you get the awning and how much of you don’t mind asking?

The awning is great, it’s a rhinorack foxwing, i ordered it directly form the USA site, there is a right hand side version and a left hand side version and the sent me the wrong side at first, which they admitted was a a total screw up on their end they shipped me a new one with a box to return the old one, but i have to drive to the boarder to pick it up so it was a pretty big PITA and they didn’t even throw in a t-shirt!

Great product none the less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hummelator

Adventurer
The awning is great, it’s a rhinorack foxwing, i ordered it directly form the USA site, there is a right hand side version and a left hand side version and the sent me the wrong side at first, which they admitted was a a total screw up on their end they shipped me a new one with a box to return the old one, but i have to drive to the boarder to pick it up so it was a pretty big PITA and they didn’t even throw in a t-shirt!

Was it’s not available from a Canadian supplier or was it cheaper To order from the us?

jaydon44

Observer

Was it’s not available from a Canadian supplier or was it cheaper To order from the us?

It was definitely not cheaper, 200$ more in the end...reason is; rhino rack used to have the “foxwing” instead and I had been saving some cash and really wanting to get it and when it came time I got on the Canadian website and it was no longer available/discontinued. I panicked and went to check the USA site and there was virtually the same product on there site called the “batwing” so they had some sort of issue getting the new version to suppliers or something. i waited for canada site to catch up but i needed it for a trip and was on a time crunch so i bit the bullet, it IS on the canada site now though

Hummelator

Adventurer
They are currently listed on the Canadian site for 900$ i ended up paying 940 with the exchange rate included

That’s. It bad at all. I was expecting $2000+ I think I’ll pick one of those up for next season

jaydon44

Observer
Trailer Jack!

This is my third one i had a cheap Powerfist one that i got because i like the way it stowed away under the trailer and it was sturdy enough to sleep/use the trailer without being hitched to truck, but it broke

Next one was a fairly standard side mount one that swung up and down on a fixed/welded on pipe with a pin, super simple and not to expensive from princess auto as well but because of the way it mounted to the trailer it was super unstable when not connected to the truck.....wouldn’t want to be using the trailer unless it was hitched

So i got on the forums and found the most bad-ass jack i could find and bought it, 3rd and last Jack

Ark Portable Power XO750 Trailer Jack

Highly recommend this thing; not cheap though
c085c85a01838385918f890ffcd054dc.jpg
7948a040e611b817725f394b1711130a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles