2013 Silverado Adventure Build

wrmmt

Adventurer
Well having problems uploading photos today, but here is the wind deflector for the roof rack.
IMG_1283.jpg

Last edited:

wrmmt

Adventurer
Just be aware removing the air dam from the front will reduce mileage to the point it's noticeable from what I have heard, that's why I have not done it on mine yet (don't have the need for more ground clearance at the moment ).

Yeah, I had heard both that its a noticeable decrease and also that it didn't do much. I have had it off since sometime in the summer, can't say I have noticed much of a decrease. I definitely didn't record mileage before and after and do an exact comparison, but from just keeping an eye on the average mileage I didn't really see much. Leveling the truck and the bigger/off-roadier tires was what got me (and then the addition of the roof rack...). Probably don't really need the additional clearance for most of the driving I do either, but I do like the look better without the valance, so for now its hanging out in the corner of the garage.

wrmmt

Adventurer
Just got back from a long week in Death Valley. Had a great trip, some great drives, campsites, and hiking in the backcountry and put the truck through its paces off road. Drove Echo Canyon, Part of Hole in the Wall, Titus Canyon, Marble Canyon, and the Racetrack road. Truck worked flawlessly over some pretty rough terrain, was definitely glad I went ahead with the Kings before I left. Ended up doing all backcountry camping, will have to do some more organization/storage in the bed if I end up needing space for two people to sleep, but worked out fine for this trip. Did learn a couple lessons though: One, I need to come up with a mount for my CO2 tank I got for Christmas. Somehow in last minute packing at 4 in the morning it got left at home. Definitely the most disappointing part since I couldn't really air down for the trails. Wasn't a huge issue, but would have been nice. Second, I definitely need to spring for a fridge/freezer unit. Trying to keep an old cooler cold over a week in Death Valley was pretty much not possible...

Ended up taking over 2000 pictures, so I have some work ahead of me... Here are a couple for now though:
9143677_orig.jpg

7873974_orig.jpg

4628182_orig.jpg

3257497_orig.jpg

Last edited:

wrmmt

Adventurer
Yeah, the Kings are great so far, hopefully will be adding some new UCAs in the near future. Also trying to figure out what to do with the front bumper, can't really decide if I should just black out the stock one, cut the bottom of the stock one and add a radius bar/skid plate, or go for a full pre-runner bumper. Decisions, decisions...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Great looking shots from your adventure Wrmmt! Looks like it was a good trip. Thanks for posting up.:)

OR2BAJA

Observer
Custom tube bumper with light bar. Adding a roof mount over the windshield will cause some very undesirable glare.

wrmmt

Adventurer
Yeah, it was a great trip, definitely ready to be back there! Kind of leaning the route of a custom tube bumper, but still have a little time to think about it before I am read to pull the trigger. Although they do look good IMO, I have eliminated the roof mounted light bar for various reasons, so any I add will be on the bumper...

ABCanuck

Adventurer
I heard there is a rare "super bloom" happening there this year. Strange to see that many flowers in such a desolate location. Looks like a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I heard there is a rare "super bloom" happening there this year. Strange to see that many flowers in such a desolate location. Looks like a great trip!

I like the super bloom Canadian bud out west myself, Eh?:drool:

wrmmt

Adventurer
I like the super bloom Canadian bud out west myself, Eh?:drool:

Haha hmm, wonder if that's what the park service is talking about when they say super bloom!?

But yes, the flowers are pretty special this year. Think we were there a little after the peak down in the lower elevations, but saw lots on the backroads and up in the canyons. Definitely crazy to see such a barren place covered in yellow, pink, purple, and white... Made for a good excuse to get my desert fix in for the spring while the snow keeps me from exploring many mountain roads here.

ABCanuck

Adventurer
I could care less about the BC bud garbage chilli. Everyday life is enough of a high for me :). Funny thing is, where I live is semi-arid so the desert doesn't have a huge draw to me. I like to see things growing. Amazing what a little rain can do! And......back to the Chevy!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I could care less about the BC bud garbage chilli. Everyday life is enough of a high for me :). Funny thing is, where I live is semi-arid so the desert doesn't have a huge draw to me. I like to see things growing. Amazing what a little rain can do! And......back to the Chevy!

Right on Mr Canuck. Sometimes all I need is the roar of a good V8 on the trail to get me going...:bike_rider:

wrmmt

Adventurer
Yep, agreed, nothing like exploring new trails to satisfy!... Coming from the snowy mountains, the desert is always a nice spring trip for me to get back on some trails, get some sun and warm weather, and get back into the exploration mode and somewhat out of the skiing mode...

Not much happening with the truck as of yet, put together a mount for my CO2 canister, not much, but it will work for the time being. Solar, New UCAs, and possibly the front bumper will be the next major additions when I get the money lined up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne