Stuck in Kathmandu

hamishpotter

Observer
Hello All,

I'm trapped in KTM due to a plane crash blocking the only usable runway indefinitely.

Any EP / over landers in the area or able to recommend a solid overland route to nearest train or airport? Open to all suggestions! Local Landcruiser preferred

PM or reply to thread.

All the Best,

James

hamishpotter

Observer
There's roads and buses to India. What's the issue?
Thank you for your responses. It is a miracle the Turkish Airlines pilot adeptly landed with no casualties. I was not on the plane but was due to leave Wednesday and am not familiar with this region so trying to weigh additional options.

Yes there is infrastructure Geoscum, however we get a variety of estimates on conditions and timeframes. At the moment the prevailing one is that a trip to, say, Delhi will take 3-4 days, plus or minus one or two days. We're trying to weigh options and I'm very unfamiliar with this area. It can take 8 hrs to travel 200kms, so I'm gaging whether overland really makes sense.

The government has been saying 10am tomorrow for 4 days, and some are saying it could be much, much longer.

Thanks again for chiming in!

James

hamishpotter

Observer
Very good point K-Y,

No. It does not. And the more time I spend here the less inclined I am to leave.

Unfortunately I have to get back to reality : (

Flights are leaving again, so should be heading out in next 48 hrs.

Thank you for your responses. And definitely visit Nepal if you have eh opportunity it is an extraordinary place with exceptionally kind people.

Namasté

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles