Stuck in Kathmandu - need overland exit

hamishpotter

Observer
Hello All,

Due to an airline crash on the Nepali capital's only runway I am indefinitely trapped (for air travel at least) in Kathmandu with no end in sight. Thought I would ping the E/P community in the Asia region in case there are any overlanders in the area looking for a spare hand or with a spare seat in the rig. Unlikely, so in lieu of that any suggestions for an overland route to India or Bangladesh would be appreciated.

Thank you and hope you are all off to an exciting 2015.

Best,

James

Karmask8er

Was in KTM during this time, unfortunately not a part of the forum then. I drove back through Birgunj into India via Raxaul. Hope you found your way home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamishpotter

Observer
Was in KTM during this time, unfortunately not a part of the forum then. I drove back through Birgunj into India via Raxaul. Hope you found your way home :)

Thanks for the post and glad you made it out. That must have been an adventure.

I got a flight when they finally moved the Turkish Airlines plane off the tarmac. Thoroughly enjoyed my trip, though devastated by proceeding earthquake. The Nepali people's resilience is incredible and a true example of making it (or attempting to) through perils of mother nature.

If you do not already have a channel for support and are interested I highly recommend livetolove.org (pardon the suggestion / promotion, it is entirely volunteer run and they have a local presence so more support goes to those that need it than by any other means).

I hope to get back there this summer.

Safe travels,

James

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Karmask8er

Hey James, good to know you got out of there safe. Yes the earthquake was a tragedy, we did a bit through India's PMO fund. Hope the Nepali folk are back on their feet. Can't wait to go back soon. Maybe we will cross paths... Cheers.

Amit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles