New ArkPak?

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi i want an ark pak 730

thank you for the update on what you have found it it is very helpful

Regards

Brett from Ark

RawC

Thanks for the post. Going to bookmark the page to consider when the 730 arrives. 25% more ah than the AU version so that's good too.

Last edited:

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Thanks for the post. Going to bookmark the page to consider when the 730 arrives. 25% more ah than the AU version so that's good too.

Hi RawC

are you able to advise why you think the AP730US has 25% more Amp hours then the current model AP620US ? i just want to understnd what you mean by the above post that way i can give you the correct information.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all following this thread

PRODUCT UPDATE IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We have a confirmed release date window for the two new models being introduced, the release window date is from the 28/08/2015 to 04/09/2015, the reason for this broad window is the shipment could be delayed for various reasons beyond our control.

as soon as i can i will post up some information that tells you the features of each model compared to the current model.

any questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all that will read this thread

Ark will be introducing 2 new Ark Paks into the USA the model numbers will be AP730US and AP715US.

the products are expected to be available for sale approx last week of August 2015 or the 1st week of September 2015 from the Ark Portable power website.

i have attached a photo so you can see the difference between all the models.

if anyone has any questions please ask.

ArkPak 620 715 730 table.jpg

Regards

Brett from Ark

IWantAnArk730

are you able to advise why you think the AP730US has 25% more Amp hours then the current model AP620US ?

I'm pretty sure RawC was referring to the 125AH battery vs the 100AH battery, not the arkpak model.

That's awesome news about the US releases! My timeline has been pushed back to late October, but I'm excited to see that it will be there when I'm ready! :D

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
I'm pretty sure RawC was referring to the 125AH battery vs the 100AH battery, not the arkpak model.

That's awesome news about the US releases! My timeline has been pushed back to late October, but I'm excited to see that it will be there when I'm ready! :D

HI IWantAnArk730

thank you for explaining that i was not sure what RawC meant by it that it why i asked him to explain a little more.

i hope all is well for you, did you see the post above explaining the differences between the new models and old model ?

if you have any questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

RawC

25% AH

Sorry for the late response. I've been out on vacation for 2 weeks (hiking the Grand Canyon). Brett, my 1st inquiry to you about Lithium batteries you responded back with a link showing a model that only had 100ah capacity which came from AU. IWantAnArk730 responded with a link to a US supplier of LiFePo4 batteries that are designed as "drop in" replacements for current AGM group 31 models (thank you VERY much for this information by the way). The link showed a product with 125ah capacity hence my comment about a 25% increase in amp hours between the two lithium models. I'm very excited about that as this will be the battery I'll have installed into the new version of the Ark Pak which will then be installed within a "security enclosure" (Tuffy Products which my vehicle already has) in my Jeep Wrangler. The plan is to have "RV style" connectors (direct battery terminals for solar panels with an A/B switch to toggle between solar and engine alternator electrical input, AC & 12v) on the outside of the Jeep There'll be additional connectors to the Ark Pak within the security enclosure to attached to these to either recharge the battery or as a power outlet (AC & 12v). Probably more details than required for the answer :) I've got an RV shop I'm working with to help wire this up as well as to provide custom metal fabrication for various modifications (not to the Ark Pak).

The comment was JUST about the lithium battery capacity and NOT a reference to the new Ark Pak model. Sorry for the confusion and can't wait to get started on this portion of the project.

RawC

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Sorry for the late response. I've been out on vacation for 2 weeks (hiking the Grand Canyon). Brett, my 1st inquiry to you about Lithium batteries you responded back with a link showing a model that only had 100ah capacity which came from AU. IWantAnArk730 responded with a link to a US supplier of LiFePo4 batteries that are designed as "drop in" replacements for current AGM group 31 models (thank you VERY much for this information by the way). The link showed a product with 125ah capacity hence my comment about a 25% increase in amp hours between the two lithium models. I'm very excited about that as this will be the battery I'll have installed into the new version of the Ark Pak which will then be installed within a "security enclosure" (Tuffy Products which my vehicle already has) in my Jeep Wrangler. The plan is to have "RV style" connectors (direct battery terminals for solar panels with an A/B switch to toggle between solar and engine alternator electrical input, AC & 12v) on the outside of the Jeep There'll be additional connectors to the Ark Pak within the security enclosure to attached to these to either recharge the battery or as a power outlet (AC & 12v). Probably more details than required for the answer :) I've got an RV shop I'm working with to help wire this up as well as to provide custom metal fabrication for various modifications (not to the Ark Pak).

The comment was JUST about the lithium battery capacity and NOT a reference to the new Ark Pak model. Sorry for the confusion and can't wait to get started on this portion of the project.

RawC

Hi RawC

thanks for the information and let me say sorry if you felt i was being strong or rude with the question, i just wanted to understand what you meant by 25% more, thank you for confirming what you meant by this.

on a different subject how was the Grand Canyon (Jealous by the way) from my understanding this is close to the Las Vegas approx 3 hours drive ?? the reason i ask i am trying to convince my wife we should go there on holidays and any helpful information from your first hand experience would be very helpful.

thanks in advance for any information you can give RawC

Regards

Brett from Ark

1Louder

Explorer
Hi RawC

thanks for the information and let me say sorry if you felt i was being strong or rude with the question, i just wanted to understand what you meant by 25% more, thank you for confirming what you meant by this.

on a different subject how was the Grand Canyon (Jealous by the way) from my understanding this is close to the Las Vegas approx 3 hours drive ?? the reason i ask i am trying to convince my wife we should go there on holidays and any helpful information from your first hand experience would be very helpful.

thanks in advance for any information you can give RawC

Regards

Brett from Ark

I'm following this thread in interest. Side track, the Grand Canyon is an amazing place if you go to the right place. The south Rim is like Disneyland. Too many people. Go to the North Rim. If possible get a permit for Point Sublime or Fire Point. You can get them in advanced via the Back Country office or in person on weekdays for last minute attempts. You should for sure go. There is also a backway to the north rim if you are coming from the south rim/Flagstaff that is worth a try. Plenty of scenery along that route. I am sure there are plenty of posts on the subject. I refuse to go to the South Rim now.

Looking forward to more product updates and user reviews.

RawC

I'm following this thread in interest. Side track, the Grand Canyon is an amazing place if you go to the right place. The south Rim is like Disneyland. Too many people. Go to the North Rim. If possible get a permit for Point Sublime or Fire Point. You can get them in advanced via the Back Country office or in person on weekdays for last minute attempts. You should for sure go. There is also a backway to the north rim if you are coming from the south rim/Flagstaff that is worth a try. Plenty of scenery along that route. I am sure there are plenty of posts on the subject. I refuse to go to the South Rim now.

Brett, no offense taken or even considered on my end :) All good.

Like 1Louder, I detest the south rim and much prefer the north side of the GC. Specifically I go to a spot called "Crazy Jug Point" on the rim within the Kaibab National Forest. I've hiked down to Thunder River twice (just got back this week) starting from Monument Point (also in the Kaibab NF). I mention this because you can camp in the Kaibab NF ANYWHERE at no cost (it's called "dispersed camping"and "primitive" meaning there are NO amenities whatsoever -- you're outlanding dude). I've pitched my tent numerous times right on the rim. Try doing that on the South side. Granted there are NO facilities, unless you go to the Indian Hollow campground which only as a privy, a few campsites with picnic tables and NO WATER. You can stay 14 days in the NF in the same spot without having to move AND you don't need a back-country permit for this. Once you drop below the rim however, you've now entered a National Park which DOES require that permit. It's a pretty simple task and very inexpensive. I think it's $5 a day or something silly like that. I fly into Las Vegas -- a lot more fun than going to Flagstaff once you're done :) and less expensive to fly into I might add -- and then drive North on the interstate towards St. George, UT. Eventually you head back east with the jumping off point being Fredonia, AZ. The roads in the NF are generally pretty good and I've NEVER had an issue getting to/from the spot I've just described. The roads are well marked and you'll run into very few people. This also puts you very close to other natural wonders in Utah (UT) like Zion & Bryce canyons for instance. I've gotten to the point now that I drive a complete loop around the Grand Canyon ending up back in Lost Wages...er...Las Vegas :) In fact, the whole reason I'm even "here" is due to my need for information for outfitting my Jeep Wrangler with the necessary gear -- like the 730US -- to be self-sufficient on the rim for those 14 days. Rangers tell me you simply move to another spot and you have another 14 days. Anyway, the GC is a passion of mine and I have 100's of photo's I've taken of the scenery which I'm more than happy to share with you (just ask). Like the Great Barrier Reef, the Grand Canyon is 1 (#1 actually with the GBR #2) of the 8 Natural Wonders of the World. It is simply impossible to describe the enormity of this place. I've hiked Rim to Rim twice and it's something like 23 miles across. Besides, once your done you can always spend time in Las Vegas which needs NO hyping :) I can be your informal tour guide by providing information should you decide to take the trip. Besides, one of these days I'd like to go Australia so perhaps we can exchange tips. I've purchased the lithium battery so I'm now waiting for the 730US. I'm excited about the possibilities.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK

HI 1Louder

thanks for watching this thread if you need to ask any questions please ask this thread is the chance for any new or existing user to ask questions about the Ark Pak

take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you for the tip on the Grand canyon as well it really is appreciated any inside information that relates to first hand experience is priceless so THANK YOU

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Brett, no offense taken or even considered on my end :) All good.

Like 1Louder, I detest the south rim and much prefer the north side of the GC. Specifically I go to a spot called "Crazy Jug Point" on the rim within the Kaibab National Forest. I've hiked down to Thunder River twice (just got back this week) starting from Monument Point (also in the Kaibab NF). I mention this because you can camp in the Kaibab NF ANYWHERE at no cost (it's called "dispersed camping"and "primitive" meaning there are NO amenities whatsoever -- you're outlanding dude). I've pitched my tent numerous times right on the rim. Try doing that on the South side. Granted there are NO facilities, unless you go to the Indian Hollow campground which only as a privy, a few campsites with picnic tables and NO WATER. You can stay 14 days in the NF in the same spot without having to move AND you don't need a back-country permit for this. Once you drop below the rim however, you've now entered a National Park which DOES require that permit. It's a pretty simple task and very inexpensive. I think it's $5 a day or something silly like that. I fly into Las Vegas -- a lot more fun than going to Flagstaff once you're done :) and less expensive to fly into I might add -- and then drive North on the interstate towards St. George, UT. Eventually you head back east with the jumping off point being Fredonia, AZ. The roads in the NF are generally pretty good and I've NEVER had an issue getting to/from the spot I've just described. The roads are well marked and you'll run into very few people. This also puts you very close to other natural wonders in Utah (UT) like Zion & Bryce canyons for instance. I've gotten to the point now that I drive a complete loop around the Grand Canyon ending up back in Lost Wages...er...Las Vegas :) In fact, the whole reason I'm even "here" is due to my need for information for outfitting my Jeep Wrangler with the necessary gear -- like the 730US -- to be self-sufficient on the rim for those 14 days. Rangers tell me you simply move to another spot and you have another 14 days. Anyway, the GC is a passion of mine and I have 100's of photo's I've taken of the scenery which I'm more than happy to share with you (just ask). Like the Great Barrier Reef, the Grand Canyon is 1 (#1 actually with the GBR #2) of the 8 Natural Wonders of the World. It is simply impossible to describe the enormity of this place. I've hiked Rim to Rim twice and it's something like 23 miles across. Besides, once your done you can always spend time in Las Vegas which needs NO hyping :) I can be your informal tour guide by providing information should you decide to take the trip. Besides, one of these days I'd like to go Australia so perhaps we can exchange tips. I've purchased the lithium battery so I'm now waiting for the 730US. I'm excited about the possibilities.

Hi RawC

Iam glad all is good and that we understood each other that is great news.

as i said to 1Louder thank you for the first real life experience when you visited the Grand Canyon i will be sure to let the better half know of your great feedback

Regards

Brett from Ark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior