MOPWR Build

Mitch502

Explorer
Well, sorry for my lack of posting/updates. Mostly because there has been none until now. I have been hammering away on my Master's degree for the last 8 months. I'm 4 weeks from wrapping it up. Can't wait.

With that being said, a girl ran off the road at my parent's house and hit the front of the Jeep. It is totaled. I have already settled with insurance (and got a VERY fair settlement), and am trying to decide what to do with the money. I can potentially fix the ZJ and drive it. It will require spending around 2000 or so MAX to get it going again, and will have a rebuilt title. Or I could put the 5.9L in a Wrangler and part the ZJ out. Either way I will come out with more money in the bank. The ZJ was originally nice since my wife wanted to come with me off-road/camping. We're about to have our first kid in August though, and she has already expressed she doesn't really want to go off-road again for awhile.

Thoughts?

07Ram

That sucks about the jeep but congrats on your masters and kid. A v8 wrangler project sounds cool but you may end up needing a more family oriented 4x4 later on. I would just get as much money out of it as you can and see what pops up.

Mitch502

Explorer
That sucks about the jeep but congrats on your masters and kid. A v8 wrangler project sounds cool but you may end up needing a more family oriented 4x4 later on. I would just get as much money out of it as you can and see what pops up.

Thanks for the congrats :beer::beer:

I see what you mean about needing a better family oriented 4x4, but my wife drives a 06 WK, and I have a good DD 4 door car. This is strictly a weekend/drive when I want vehicle. Not that the statement changes what you are saying necessarily. A wrangler would be plenty of room for me and a dog, who will be the primary riders.

I've found a few 4cyl 5 speed wranglers that would make a good start if I decide to swap. Still trying to decide.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Man that sucks, I really enjoyed your ZJ. I think this is a good point to start with a fresh slate and salvage what you can from the ZJ. Seems that TJ prices have suddenly taken an odd dip so if a small Wrangler is what you are after, I would go for that. Congratulations on the Masters!

Mitch502

Explorer
True. Seems like every time I get a lead on a Jeep, it turns out to be rusted out beyond my willingness to repair, astronomically priced, or sold.

As for the dip in price, I saw someone say that since YJ's are hitting the classic/antique ages then more people are buying them....I'm just not a fan of square headlights on a Wrangler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke