Old's Cool

shabba

Observer
View attachment 409479View attachment 409480

Thanks. No build thread. This is my kitchen box. Old amo box rigged w dividers and the lid is setup as a cooking area if needed.

I made my own recovery boards. I haven't had to use them yet so not sure how well they work for actual recovery. But I made double use outta them and they make a massive table area. Nutserts in tailgate and adjustable walking poles for ends. I made a shelf over my feet for gear. I'm short but still thought the false floor robbed to much head room. You can see the led strips. White and red.

Thought about a thread but most threads are "epic". And my "build" is low budget and non epic for sure.

i think seeing creativity and low budget builds is better. more like minded people who arent breaking the bank and still getting the job done to go out and have some fun. I have a single cab tacoma so i can relate to your setup. would love to see more of it my man!

borison

Adventurer
i think seeing creativity and low budget builds is better. more like minded people who arent breaking the bank and still getting the job done to go out and have some fun. I have a single cab tacoma so i can relate to your setup. would love to see more of it my man!
I agree, it's easy to throw a bunch of money at something. It's more difficult to come up with creative repurposing solutions to fit your needs. I love these types of builds.

IMG_0132.jpgQuick night up in San Jacinto. Man what a crazy view. Didn't think there'd be much interest in a old stock and LOW budget build. I may put together a thread for the common man. IMG_0131.jpg

Nikkshepherd

Observer
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, names Nick. Recently picked up a 1994 Toyota pickup and have big plans for it. Will do a proper build thread when I begin ordering parts. Prior to the pickup, I've owned a 3rd gen 4Runner, 1st gen Sequoia, and a Rubicon. Not sure why I left Toyota for a Jeep but I'm back now. Really love this thread! And this site as a whole. Looking to make it down to descend on Bend in October. I need to find a Wildernest ASAP!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Last edited:

2scars

Adventurer
Found this guy about a month ago and just realized it might be appropriate to post here. It's a '93 T100 SR5 4x4 with 140k and the timing belt and head gasket recently changed. The camper came a few weeks later. They are both survivors in good condition, so I think for now there will be no serious modification, just some TLC. I can't even bring myself to drill holes in the bumper to install some old Hellas I have lying around.

View attachment 405746View attachment 405745

I've seen some folks make mounting plates that slide in between the bumper and grill, so they can mount lights without drilling any holes. Maybe a single light bar on the cab roof?

bugeyetex

Observer
That looks like my old 94!!! I hope its not though for your sake. I beat the hell out of that thing. Sold it after I grenaded the front diff and melted a piston. Still miss it though, we had a lot of fun together exploring Washington and Wyoming.

Crenshaw

Adventurer
That truck is totally worth finding a fresh (or not that fresh even) 22re and slapping it in there.

I love your comment about "overlanding"! We used to call it car camping and usually it was in an old honda wagon or bmw...

jasonbatmon

@Crenshaw thanks for perspective- can't wait to see what her diagnosis is!... I love the capability, practicality, and simplicity of these light duty classics. I don't need on-board shower, a couch, a TV, or anything else found in these glamping...erm "luxury" overlanding vehicles. I'll go one step further and say I probably couldn't be friends with someone who packs all that into a bloated vehicle and then has little regard for trail integrity.

And yup... old ford Aerostars or dad's old 4x4 ranch trucks were our Earthroamers. For a Chicano kid from the highlands of New Mexico, getting outside to fish, hike, and raise hell with the siblings/cousins was the fun of childhood. Just getting out there, and *doing* it. Isn't that what this is all about?

whitetaco02

Observer
I love this thread. Here is my 94 I bought from my dad. He was the 2nd owner and bought it with 30,000 miles on it. It currently had 204,000 miles and has a k&n intake, trd CAM, LC engineering headers and a magnaflow exhaust. It is in great shape!

Attachments

• 94 truck.JPG
    94 truck.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 54

r27d

IMG_0120.jpg

I've been up to a lot more overhauling than overlanding with my truck this summer but we've had some good times too.
I still need to figure out my spring situation (currently twisted leafs, broken addaleafs and 3" blocks).
Need 4" lift and the ability to carry a little weight. I with Allpro made their "expo" springs for the Pickup.
Also still looking for an aluminum utility shell with barn doors. Hoping one of those pops up for sale soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles