2005 Ford E250 lift

dirtgirlz

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and it is awesome. I just purchased a 2005 Ford E250 Sportsmobile . 2wd. I have been told by Quigley and SM that it is too light for a 4wd conversion... So I would like to lift the van and beef it up for rugged roads around the southwest. Any suggestions ? By the way, it only has 29,000 miles on it and I got it for a VERY low price. Looks brand new!

skyrat

Too Light for 4x4?
Why would that be? The gross weight is almost twice that of a Jeep CJ7.
I have driven many E250's that have been converted and they can be very nice. Perhaps they feel that their systems are overkill for a vehicle of that size but I gotta say how can anything that weighs almost 4 tons (mine is 7800 pounds) be considered under weight for 4x4??

If SMB and Quigley don't want to do it I would suggest giving Ramsey at agileoffroad.com a call. He is in San Diego, CA and is one of the very few that does independent suspension 4wd and they drive very well indeed.

I love this forum too, but... You should also spend some time at Sportsmobileforum.com for a very vibrant community of SMB owners.

Last edited:

Abe Froman

Adventurer
If you want to keep it 2wd and lift it. Action van and camburg both offer lifts. They are both in Southern California.
If 4wd-talk to ujoint off-road.
Sound like a nice van.

Sounds strange that they said it was too light. Usually they don't do E150 anymore but a E250 is a typical 4x4 conversion. Contact Chris at Ujoint Offroad. He'll guide you through the process. Email is his best contact and he responds fast. Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94