65 days of Canada - 22000+km's

zzz150

Adventurer
So after coming down Avalanche crest I hit the road and put in an 1100km or so day after that beautiful hike, ending up in a field somewhere along the way. I felt the need to get back home basically. The following day I did another long day, probably 14hrs straight driving as I remember it. Then eventually made it back to the spot on Superior where I spent my 1st night and spent my last night there.

I appreciate all the comments and views from everybody here. There will be more pics to come from this adventure! But for now give this a listen;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAv_5ABmgcY I had no idea there was a Canol Road song until recently..!

Hoping to have a couple 3 - 4 day adventures this summer in Northern Ontario.

The Ford F150 is gone, I am into a Jeep JK now as I wanted to get back into some wheeling. I will say that I do miss the comfort of the Ford, the tailgate for cooking on and the ability to sleep in the back of it. It was a great truck for this trip, I wish I had taken a few close up shots of the paint when I got home before trading it away, it was really bad, had a lifetime worth of pin-striping!

Last edited:

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Thanks for the report.

Great trip through a Beautiful Country.

Brings back many, many memories from times long gone when I did a trip like that with my late girlfriend.

Use a LR 110 HT and sleep in the back - great Overland truck.

zzz150

Adventurer
Cool thread! The plane looks like a Catalina. Is it easy to get to?

It is a canso bomber. There is a little info to be found online if you search canso bomber tofino. The hike in is about 1.5hrs each way if i recall correctly. Well worth it.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks. I actually did a search shortly after I posted that. I’ll definitely check it out if I make it across to that part of the coast.

zzz150

Adventurer
Decided I needed some big water a couple weeks ago, so my trusty travel companion and I went for a 500km ride to camp on Superior. We went to the spot where we spent the 1st and last nights on the road during our Canadian expedition trip. It was nice to be there. Slept in the back of the Jeep with no front doors on, managed to stay dry. Not quite as comfy as the F150.

Attachments

• 1 - 1 (7).jpg
    1 - 1 (7).jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 1 - 1 (6).jpg
    1 - 1 (6).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 1 - 1 (5).jpg
    1 - 1 (5).jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 1 - 1.jpg
    1 - 1.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 78

zzz150

Adventurer
New rig hint for the trip!

We will travel to the NWT and ship the rig to Tuk, the overland by vehicle portion will be most interesting on the return from the Beaufort Sea ;-)

Trusty and wonderful four legged adventure partner is getting older but will be along for the Dehcho expedition!

Attachments

• new rig - 1.jpeg
    new rig - 1.jpeg
    954.8 KB · Views: 43
  • dogster - 1.jpeg
    dogster - 1.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

klahanie

daydream believer
New rig hint for the trip!

We will travel to the NWT and ship the rig to Tuk, the overland by vehicle portion will be most interesting on the return from the Beaufort Sea ;-)

Trusty and wonderful four legged adventure partner is getting older but will be along for the Dehcho expedition!
Welcome back !

Looking forward to reading about your adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles