Who's running the BFG KO2's on their Hundy?

mgeiger

Observer
I put some on mine. I don't have a lot of miles on them, but of all the tires I've had on my 100 - Original Michelins, Goodyear Duratracs, Toyo OC2s - I like these the best in regards to handling, wet and dry. They lIt could be skewed since I went from the 16" wheel to the 18" wheel, but they handle wet and dry well. I like a firmer ride, so being e-rated is fine with me. I'll have them on some mild trails in a few weeks, and expect them to do well.

Attachments

• IMG_7954.jpg
    IMG_7954.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 71

tmleadr03

Observer
Looking at these tires too...the KO2s don't come in the 295/75/16 but in the KOs do...2 pounds lighter and D rated as well. Not sure of the difference???? If you are looking for a D rated tire. A little bigger but lighter...hmmm...just a thought.

Having looked at your rig, you may want to have load range E on your vehicle... Which is very nice, but also very loaded.

82bruizer

I put some on mine. I don't have a lot of miles on them, but of all the tires I've had on my 100 - Original Michelins, Goodyear Duratracs, Toyo OC2s - I like these the best in regards to handling, wet and dry. They lIt could be skewed since I went from the 16" wheel to the 18" wheel, but they handle wet and dry well. I like a firmer ride, so being e-rated is fine with me. I'll have them on some mild trails in a few weeks, and expect them to do well.

Mgeiger, would like to see some additional pictures of your cruiser with the new tires. What size are they? Are you running any lift?

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I'm running 275/70/18s on my "07 LX. I put them on the day after I bought it so I don't have much to compare it to. Stock height with well functioning AHC.

OUGm8E0l.jpg

fishead

Observer
I'm running 275/70/18s on my "07 LX. I put them on the day after I bought it so I don't have much to compare it to. Stock height with well functioning AHC.

I just bought some a set of KO2s in the same size today and Discount Tire told me the spare won't fit underneath the vehicle. Mine is a 2004 and an LC so it might be a bit different but it looks like your spare fit underneath. Did it require any modifications to fit?

texascrane

Adventurer
275/70r18 will fit in the spare location (especially a BFG given that they run small). It's tight, but it will fit.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I sort of wish they weren't E rated but that wouldn't stop me otherwise. They don't need to be aired up, after all. Having looked at the Coopers, DuraTracs, Toyos, Bridgestones, and a couple other AT tires, I just keep coming back to the KO2's. The Severe Weather rating means something to me as do the strong sidewalls.

Comments?

BTW, I'm running 256/75/16 Big O AT tires C load. They've been pretty decent for the last five years (were on the vehicle when I bought it at the end of 2009). Not good on packed snow/ice but decent off road and on the highway. Typically run 30-40 PSI in them.

I dont have a landy, but an xterra...for what its worth ive been running them for the last 10k miles (ish)at 44 psi

They are an awesome AT tire. Theyve done moab, colorado, snow, much, etc. They grip really well in everything ive asked them too. Whisper quiet on the highway. I did hit some slick snot mud in colorado as it rained and they were slippery, but the guy in front of me with km2's was slipping too, so.....Other than that they have been fantastic. completely different tire than the original KO's ive had in the past.

Hope that helps.

mph

Expedition Leader
I decided to go with General's AT2 Tire in the 295 size...awesome...I have covered rocks, mud, slickrock...for whatever that's worth:)

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I just bought some a set of KO2s in the same size today and Discount Tire told me the spare won't fit underneath the vehicle. Mine is a 2004 and an LC so it might be a bit different but it looks like your spare fit underneath. Did it require any modifications to fit?

275/70r18 will fit in the spare location (especially a BFG given that they run small). It's tight, but it will fit.

Nope, I bought 5 new tires and didn't make any changes to get the spare to fit.

I also got mine from Discount and the shop guy mounted up one to see if it would fit before doing the others. When they finished up and he handed me the keys he smiled and said he didn't think there was any way they'd go on. I smiled back and said "thank goodness for the internet" as I walked to my rig.

toyotatruckjunkie

Adventurer
I just put a set of 285/75/16 KO2s on ours today (to replace the KOs of the same size that gave me 100k miles of reliable service). They are stiff. The shop put 50psi in them. I prefer a firm ride, but I plan to experiment with lower pressures. Now the 100 feels more manly, less soccer mom-ish. We are towing the camper to the FL Keys next weekend, so I'll report back after a trip loaded up and towing.
IMG_2027.jpg
IMG_2024.jpg

Last edited:

CSG

Explorer
I asked about these tires earlier than I needed to replace my Big O (Cooper) AT C load tires. Well, now we're getting to fall and winter is around the corner. I have still not convinced myself to run E load tires on this rig, especially any bigger than the 265-75-16's I run now. I'd prefer another C load tire so am continuing to look at the Cooper AT3 tires.

Ed B

Adventurer
I have had these for about a month 285-65-18 and have been pleasantly surprised as I too was concerned about the load rating. The shop who installed them set the front to 29 pounds and rear to 34. The ride has been great but I am trying different pressures to to see the difference. I did a trip last weekend and was way overloaded. Increased the pressure a few pounds for the load. Aired down to 18 pounds off road and they worked great. Very happy so far.

texascrane

Adventurer
For an e-rated 285/65r18 or 285/75r16 on a 100-series, ~40 psi will get you back to the stock tire load capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles