Who's running the BFG KO2's on their Hundy?

CSG

Explorer
I sort of wish they weren't E rated but that wouldn't stop me otherwise. They don't need to be aired up, after all. Having looked at the Coopers, DuraTracs, Toyos, Bridgestones, and a couple other AT tires, I just keep coming back to the KO2's. The Severe Weather rating means something to me as do the strong sidewalls.

Comments?

BTW, I'm running 265/75/16 Big O AT tires C load. They've been pretty decent for the last five years (were on the vehicle when I bought it at the end of 2009). Not good on packed snow/ice but decent off road and on the highway. Typically run 30-40 PSI in them.

Last edited:

Brett.H

I had the KO on my 100 in load range E and loved them. I now have Falken Wild Peak AT2 in load range D and miss the ability to air down really low with the E tires and not worry about the sidewall being overly compliant.

I do love the Falkens though, they are surprisingly tough and the last few trips I have taken I'm surprised I didn't rip a hole in the sidewall on more than one obstacle.

Anyway, not the KO2 you were asking about, but hope this helps.

Brett

Riptide

Explorer
I put the KO2's on my 100 about 2 months ago, in 265/70R18, The size wasn't my first choice, but I didn't think I could make it thru the winter up here in New England without new tires, so I bought what was currently available. My preferred size wouldn't come out until May 2015... (My 100 is essentially stock for now.)

Overall, I'm happy with them. They did well in the snow, and are not too noisy. They are "E" rated, so not as cushy, but I don't notice anymore. I tow a trailer once in awhile, so the load rating was a bonus anyway. I did have a mild panic attack on the way home from the tire shop; the vibration was enough to rattle my giblets at highway speed, but that went away the next day. Not sure what that was about.

Always hard to compare tires; of course new tires are gonna be head and shoulders above the worn rubber you have on a truck, and I just don't buy tires often enough to objectively compare. I haven't had these in the dirt yet, so I can't comment on that yet.

CSG

Explorer
I like that many of these tires can be returned withing 30 days based on manufacturer offers. I can get these at Cotsco in the above size installed and out the door for $868. That's cheaper than any other tire available locally (best price on C load AT3's is a good $100 more at local tire shops and buying online doesn't make sense for me). So I could buy a set and try them out for up to 30 days with no worries if they don't do it for me. Also, Costco's tire shop manager believes they'll be on rebate next month so just under $800 installed. I sure wish Costco had more to choose from than Michelin, BFG, and Bridgestone (not that any are bad tires).

mph

Expedition Leader
Looking at these tires too...the KO2s don't come in the 295/75/16 but in the KOs do...2 pounds lighter and D rated as well. Not sure of the difference???? If you are looking for a D rated tire. A little bigger but lighter...hmmm...just a thought.

DMG

image.jpgI

put KO2s in 285/75r16 on my 02 in Sacramento and went to the Mojave desert then home to Pittsburgh on them. My only complaint is they ride stiff. But I knew that when I bought E rated tires. They did great in the desert and the snow back home.

p nut

butter
Interesting as I just looked on tire rack and the KO2's are listed in the 295/75/16 size...

The status is on back order. I'm guessing they received info from BFG of a future release, but no further info. Which is why all of the specs are missing (except the weight).

Box Rocket

My friend Dave had a set on his hundy. He recently sold this truck but had great things to say about the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne