Who's running the BFG KO2's on their Hundy?

CSG

Explorer
I don't think too many (including installers) understand that to go from the stock P rated tires, you need to air up a lot more to carry the equivalent load ratings in your C, D, or E load rated tire. Running the factory inflation designed for a P tire in an E tire means you are seriously underinflating your E tire.

Here's an informative paper on the topic from Toyo: https://toyotires2-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/assets/lib:toyo%20content/Application_of_Load_Inflation_Tables_20150623_Final.pdf

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I don't think too many (including installers) understand that to go from the stock P rated tires, you need to air up a lot more to carry the equivalent load ratings in your C, D, or E load rated tire. Running the factory inflation designed for a P tire in an E tire means you are seriously underinflating your E tire.

Here's an informative paper on the topic from Toyo: https://toyotires2-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/assets/lib:toyo%20content/Application_of_Load_Inflation_Tables_20150623_Final.pdf

There is a lot of truth in that....but GENERALLY our vehicles are still under the GVW or weight limits of a LT tire at 35psi...

For example my Jeep fully loaded weighs in at 6100 pounds....I am running a LT255/75/17 ST Maxx tire....at 35psi according to Toyo it has a tire load limit (lbs) of 1870....1870 x 4 = 7480. At 40psi that tire load limit (lbs) goes to 2055...
2055 x 4 = 8220 pounds....both air pressures give me plenty of wiggle room from a weight standpoint.

In my case if fully loaded I air up to around 38 psi....but this post reinforces the fact that you need to understand the weight of your vehicle fully loaded and that means wifey, kids, dogs, fuel, beer, titanium sporks, etc

It would be an eye opener to a lot of people if they new how much weight they are actually carrying.

Last edited:

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Discount tire has $100 off 4 bfgatko2 and BFG has $70 off 4.
So $170 off 4.
Even though the discounts are mail in rebate gift cards, it is still enough saving for me to buy.

Discount sale ends Saturday.

I am looking at just over $650 installed, and taxed after discounts for 4 245/75/16 E for my sprinter van.

No affiliation, just a heads up for people on the fence.

CSG

Explorer
Now that winter is here for some of us, anyway, anyone else add the E load KO2's to their Hundy? I'm still vacillating between Cooper AT3 in C vs. the KO2's in E. Starting in a couple days, Costco will have the BFG tires for $70 off which will put them a little cheaper than the Coopers (which I can get locally at Commercial Tire for $875 out the door). My biggest concern is the weight and stiffness of the E tire vs. a C tire on my rig. I wish I could convince myself on the P Cooper AT3's but I just can't. Plus, I like the fact that the KO2's are winter rated while the AT3's are not.

CSG

Explorer
I started another thread as I forgot about this one but today, I had Costco install the KO2s in 265/75/16. I had them set the fronts at 38 and the rears at 40. Will run them at that for a bit and see how they feel. I put it off so long as there was enough tread on the old tires to make it through one more winter but were close to the wear bars now. The drive home seemed fine. They certainly look great.

CSG

Explorer
My son and I drove a local trail on Labor Day and the tires performed great. After doing a little math on setting the tire pressures to the equivalent load carrying for the OEM P metric tires, I raised the inflation to 42 front and 45 rear. These are great highway tires as well as trail tires and they look really good too. All my concerns about ride were misplaced.

10ga

Observer
I've been running the BFG KO2's for a couple months now and really like them. I was running General Grabbers but they are wider than the BFG's so I had some rubbing on my UCA. I still wound up putting some 1/4" spacers but no more rubbing.

Last edited:

75Denver

Just got my 275/70/18 KO2s mounted up this morning. I've been a HUGE fan of the Yokohama Geolander AT/S for years with great success in all sorts of conditions. However, now that I'm into a LC, it was either a set of KO2s or Cooper ST Maxx. I do about 60/40 on-road/off-road so the KO2s won the debate. So far, the road handling and noise is amazing smooth and quiet compared to the Coopers (buddy has these) and even my old Yokohamas. I'm very happy. Lets just see if I get as great of life out of these as I did the Yokos...those hit 70k!

Still need to crank the t-bars or slap on an OME but here's a driveway poser:

Attachments

• IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 56

fireball

Explorer
Love the Ko2s. Wish they made them in 285/75/17. I have a set of Rock Warrior rims I'm thinking of mounting to the truck and wish I could upsize a bit without going to a KM2 or some other brand.

LC in VT.jpg

4Beast

Observer
I'm running 275/70/18s on my '05. I definitely like them. They feel well mannered on the road, and haven't balked at anything off road. I run them with the white letters in too, for the record!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles