AT Horizon Roll Call / Mods / Pics

rlynch356

Defyota
anyone done a triton (or similar) hot water system (it already has a 12v pump and 19g of water) or/and a Propex tent heater?
I'm picking up my new to me Horizon this coming weekend.

gnartumyeto

Observer
Not a whole lot of action on this thread, but I'd love to see what you come up with :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlynch356

Defyota
lets see.. heat would be very nice for some of the camps i go to in Nov and early spring - the shower system might be tougher. we will see when i take delivery.. This will be my 2nd trailer, the first one was a M101a1 with a utility topper, that frankly was too heavy for my D90, so i sold it. The horizon will be a lot lighter.
My plans are to make some smaller modifications, since its already loaded with all the goodies (water, fuel, electrical, solar, pump, fridge)
namely
more camp light
hot water and a sink system with a shower head (on/off valve on the head)
Tent heater
a foxwing awning or similar with some side panels
maybe a change of RTT... not sure here will be camping it before i make any true plans on what is next.

rlynch356

Defyota
Picked up the Horizon this weekend at Uwharrie Safari...
and got it home - so now the fun begins with the modifications...

I'll start a new thread on it here

rlynch356

Defyota
Thanks.. so i spent the last 2 days looking it over and doing some planning..
Build quality is what i expected and top notch. Everything is high quality.

it's a 2005 model with Torsen suspension .. so pre-TAAS but that is not a problem for the east coast - at least now anyway.. as its actual on trail usage will be low.
new G34 battery, Solar, Large Autohome Expedition fabric tent, Awning, brakes, and the like.

The water tank is designed for the plug in top pump and not the faucet which is fine since i'm planning on using the drain to feed the 12v pump system.. along with a drain down low.
should be great.

mr45

Observer
anyone done a triton (or similar) hot water system (it already has a 12v pump and 19g of water) or/and a Propex tent heater?
I'm picking up my new to me Horizon this coming weekend.

I just got an L5 water heater for my horizon trailer. I'm still deciding on a h20 pump and planning the set up. I've seen them mounted in pelican cases but I may start off with making a wooden box.

The proper looks sweet. I may do that down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlynch356

Defyota
That is the same heater i am planning on..

Current thinking is that i am going to have a metal box built where the gas tank holders are and house the water pump, heater and quick disconnect shower head valve/mixer in. That would give me additional storage and/or a place for the propex heater (or that will go under the trailer using the new one meant for that location)
i'm going to have a skid plate made for the underside to protect the plumbing and the heater..

Heater: Eccotemp L5 or triton same spec.
Pump: whale Watermaster FW1214 or FW1215 - not sure yet, mount depends on box design and water heater packaging.
shower: External shower point - white no.6088/01 or AT Overland (prob just get it all from AT)
pluming: Whale

the shower will exit on the passenger side of the box and with an extension on the hose should be able to reach where ever i need it (the shower tent area would be up past the front of the trailer for example) and give me one Hot/Cold outlet for water.

but i need to get all the parts first then get the box built ....

First project is the weekend... LED strip light install in both side compartments, and the main compartment.

James Pierce

Adventurer
In April I added a Stainless Steel wash down faucet and made a custom Stainless Steel guard for it. This gives me gravity fed water for clean up and I don't have to crawl under the trailer to drain the tank.

I plan to add hot water on demand as well but for now I just use an Aqua Cube for showers and clean up. Interested to see what you guys come up with.

161A4901.jpg

161A4900.jpg

rlynch356

Defyota
do you have any pictures of the piping underneath? I see you went right through the frame for the Faucet mount.

I've been looking at it since i got it and holy **** this thing is well built... Even my "easy" project of adding LED strips to the boxes is going to be a bit tougher than i thought.. Originally i just planned a separate wire run but since A: all the existing wiring is run inside the frame, The Map lights are riveted on, and C: i don't want to hack job it, i'm going to have to splice into the existing lights in the main cargo space (the little map lights) to take power from, not ideal but since its low draw, OK. <Right AT?>

That splice is going to carry the load of 4 - 5' LED strips (1 each for side boxes and 2 in the main cargo area) on the existing in frame wiring. Otherwise i need to do an external run for it and run wire to the front box outside of the frame which i would rather not do.

James Pierce

Adventurer
do you have any pictures of the piping underneath? I see you went right through the frame for the Faucet mount.

I don't but I'll try to get one for you. It actually goes under the main structural portion of the frame rail and through the "step" portion of the frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles