AT Horizon Roll Call / Mods / Pics

rlynch356

Defyota
Received and installed the AT wheel adapters.
These go from the jeep 5x4.5 pattern to defender 5x6.5 and allow me to match the tow rig setup
Wolf wheels and KM2 255/85-16
437f7b88b7c8e2e360bf4f3136161423.jpg
c0479b02c5e7559d78129c4be0e4b277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlynch356

Defyota
Question Where has everyone located rear 12v outlets?

I am looking at 2 options and would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on them...

I am installing the 3 plugs following

1x Bluesea 4.8v USB
2x Bluesea 12v Locking Plug

I want them in the rear for a couple of reasons but could be convinced to mount the 12v plugs in the Tongue box

Reasons for rear placement
uses.
- The 12v plugs are primarily to power 2 Clip on National Luna lights for the awning (27 LED strips), each one needs a plug. The cords are long (27'?) so the tongue box could work and result in less holes in the main box.
- One light needs to be able to move up into the tent as a main tent light. No reason to add a separate circuit up there.
- the USB needs to be in the rear since it will be used around camp and be feed up into the tent at night (10' cord)

I see three options for mounting them.

1. 3 Plugs Vertically next to the main rear door... I'm worried this could weaken the main box though..

2. 3 Plugs Horizontally in the kitchen box right under the awning support... Again worried that this could weaken the kitchen box right under Awning, which is an important point if i add a heavier awning in the future (Foxwing, or the Alucab 270 one)

3. USB lug next to the rear door, and both 12v in the tongue box. - seems to be a good compromise but i would rather have everything together if possible.

Thoughts? Here is a picture of the 2 rear options

Horizon - 12v options.jpg

James Pierce

Adventurer
Do you not currently have 2ea 12v outlets on the side of your nose box? I thought they all came standard with them.

and I agree, I would not put them in the location you have shown on the main box for structural reasons. I think the side locker location would be ok.

We actually sell heavy awning brackets that allow for the use of the Eezi Awn Bat or Manta. I am currently testing them with the Shadow Awning and am very please so far.

View attachment 161A6420.jpg

View attachment 161A6423.jpg

161A6427.jpg

Question Where has everyone located rear 12v outlets?

I am looking at 2 options and would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on them...

I am installing the 3 plugs following

1x Bluesea 4.8v USB
2x Bluesea 12v Locking Plug

I want them in the rear for a couple of reasons but could be convinced to mount the 12v plugs in the Tongue box

Reasons for rear placement
uses.
- The 12v plugs are primarily to power 2 Clip on National Luna lights for the awning (27 LED strips), each one needs a plug. The cords are long (27'?) so the tongue box could work and result in less holes in the main box.
- One light needs to be able to move up into the tent as a main tent light. No reason to add a separate circuit up there.
- the USB needs to be in the rear since it will be used around camp and be feed up into the tent at night (10' cord)

I see three options for mounting them.

1. 3 Plugs Vertically next to the main rear door... I'm worried this could weaken the main box though..

2. 3 Plugs Horizontally in the kitchen box right under the awning support... Again worried that this could weaken the kitchen box right under Awning, which is an important point if i add a heavier awning in the future (Foxwing, or the Alucab 270 one)

3. USB lug next to the rear door, and both 12v in the tongue box. - seems to be a good compromise but i would rather have everything together if possible.

Thoughts? Here is a picture of the 2 rear options

View attachment 382137

rlynch356

Defyota
My horizon is from 2005, no 12v outlets... seems the safest thing is to put all the outlets in the nose box.
When you say "We have heavy duty brackets" you mean AT? Those are perfect for what I am planning.
Also is that the ezee awn trailer tent?
(Another down the road upgrade)

James Pierce

Adventurer
No these are our own design. CNC laser cut from 10 and 14 ga stainless steel. I'll try to get them up on the website tomorrow. www.expeditionoutfitters.com

Yes. We are currently running an Eezi Awn Globe Trotter on a custom rack. I'll try to post some pics of it for posterity.

Here is a pic of our 10" rubber jockey wheel on our custom Bulldog Jack. In the image you can see the location AT uses for their 12v sockets. Hope this helps...

IMG_1913-1.jpeg

My horizon is from 2005, no 12v outlets... seems the safest thing is to put all the outlets in the nose box.
When you say "We have heavy duty brackets" you mean AT? Those are perfect for what I am planning.
Also is that the ezee awn trailer tent?
(Another down the road upgrade)

rlynch356

Defyota
Yes that helps, also I need to know more about the 10" jockey wheel... pneumatic? Literally the next thing on my list of must do's (I have a steel wheel bulldog jockey, which is a bear to move on anything but a garage )

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Led meter install on the horizon. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/123935-LED-METER-INSTALL
faster battery charging on the trailerhttp://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/83874-12-volt-from-vehicle-to-trailers-battery
Led lighting for side boxes. I suggest a small waterproof switch to control the leds.http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47365-Led-lighting-for-side-boxes
Folding table mount.http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47365-Led-lighting-for-side-boxes
Led lights for the corner of the tenthttp://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/31048-AT-Horizon-led-lighting-test
12 plugs http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31211&d=1250079804
I also installed a 12v plug on the back of the trailer main box top right side. If you need a picture let me know in a PM

I also have done some other mods to the trailer will post up later if interested.

Last edited:

mr45

Observer
In April I added a Stainless Steel wash down faucet and made a custom Stainless Steel guard for it. This gives me gravity fed water for clean up and I don't have to crawl under the trailer to drain the tank.

I plan to add hot water on demand as well but for now I just use an Aqua Cube for showers and clean up. Interested to see what you guys come up with.

View attachment 372534

View attachment 372535

I did something similar to this and used pvc pipe with a ball valve for gravity feed water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LifeOverland

Adventurer
Just got my new to me 2006 Horizon home!

Looking to do some of the same mods, lighting, power and hot water in the near future. Thanks for all the great ideas
b1fc1cbe41765d61434b749c1686d770.jpg

rlynch356

Defyota
James - a question on the EO Folding Awning brackets.....
How is that secured when folded?

My hot water system is just waiting on a part or 2 to arrive before installation.. I decided to keep the water heater "portable" and store it in the main box when not in use. When in use it is going to mount to stand offs on the front box passenger side, near the jack. The hose is 8' long so this position should give me A) Room to move the shower tent away from the awning area and B) be long enough to reach the sink (to be purchased but i am going to buy the AT Horizon sink). I am still trying to decided on pump location but i think i am going to mount it in the Front battery box with and Input and output lines going through the rear of the box ( I am trying to minimize anything hanging down below the frame until i can build a skid plate for the lines).
The hot water heater is a triton 5 liter unit with a Flowjet pump. Primary pickup will be the bottom drain and have a T-connector with one side being capped so i can dump it without the pump if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles