AT Horizon Roll Call / Mods / Pics

mr45

Observer
I would try adding additional mounting brackets closer to the outer edge of the JB tent. How fast are going when the vibration starts? I’m not familiar with JB, but you should contact them if they have additional mounting solutions.

troubledog

I would try adding additional mounting brackets closer to the outer edge of the JB tent. How fast are going when the vibration starts? I’m not familiar with JB, but you should contact them if they have additional mounting solutions.

doesn't really happen until 50-60 mph. tires freshly balanced, although I might rotate them to confirm it is tire independent

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Agree, you probably need another leg further forward to capture as close to end of the front rail on the JB.

This is why I am grateful my early production chaser has full length rails, with Yakima legs, so in could add more cross bars or position them to the load.

You could of course, ditch the higher ATH legs and put the Yakima slide rails in place using the existing holes ( maybe adding a few and use shorter Yakima cross bars. The slide rails are the same that they use for mounting on pickup bed caps.

Last edited:

troubledog

AT shocks and history of development?

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the shocks system on my 2011 model AT Horizon trailer. I 'think' they are the Air Lift Slam Air 82603 'medium' shocks, but not sure where that falls into the overall TAAS development history of the AT trailers. A pic of the shocks on my trailer below:

IMG_4591.jpg IMG_4587.jpg IMG_4596.jpg

the airbags are the Airlift 5813. The lower shock has an 'RCSI' printed on it. As far as i can tell these are similar to, if not the exact specs as the Airlift Slam Air 82603 model which is the 'medium'. However they could be the 82601 'small' model. Or they could be neither.

Unfortunately all the detailed AT web pages that describe all the specs and details of their trailer models is no longer online. Wondering if anyone familiar with this can point me to some additional information or something archived.

Reason being, I'd like to either recondition, or possibly replace this set of shocks with a new version of the Slam Air's or possibly something similar, as part of the overall reconditioning of the trailer.

thanks

Dave in Houston

Attachments

• IMG_4591.jpg
    IMG_4591.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
I’m going to be looking at a used 2008 Horizon in a few weeks. Are there anything I should be on the lookout for when I see it? I spoke to Mario today who recommended I check the bearings, the air bags, and the torsion bar adjustment plate. Is there anything else I should be aware of that could cause me issues down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I bought the AT Chaser referenced by Ghost65 a few pages back. It was 2007, and appeared to spend most of its life in arid or desert environments. I did a frame-off overhaul with some significant modification. One issue I had to deal with was fairly significant rust (1/3-1/2 depth of the steel) in and around the mounts for the front water tank. Not hard to replace, not a deal breaker, but worth looking at. I’m guessing there was a lot of water and dust making mud over the years.

I bought the AT Chaser referenced by Ghost65 a few pages back. It was 2007, and appeared to spend most of its life in arid or desert environments. I did a frame-off overhaul with some significant modification. One issue I had to deal with was fairly significant rust (1/3-1/2 depth of the steel) in and around the mounts for the front water tank. Not hard to replace, not a deal breaker, but worth looking at. I’m guessing there was a lot of water and dust making mud over the years.

Thank you I’ll certainly give a good look at the hard to see spots for rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trailer I'm considering buying doesn't have the awning or the telescoping brackets. I'm not concerned with the awning, but does anyone know where I could source the bracket setup? I know it ins't overly complex if I did need to fabricate something, but would prefer to just buy them if I could.

Rube2K6

Observer
The trailer I'm considering buying doesn't have the awning or the telescoping brackets. I'm not concerned with the awning, but does anyone know where I could source the bracket setup? I know it ins't overly complex if I did need to fabricate something, but would prefer to just buy them if I could.
Should be able to get them from AT Overland.

Newest owner checking in here. Got home last week after driving 7 hours to meet the seller halfway. 2005 Horizon. Has the torsion bar suspension which is fine for now since I don't plan on wheeling hard with the trailer. Looking to do a few local shakedown trips before going up to Maine with it next month.

IMG_5604.JPGIMG_5605.JPG

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
Should be able to get them from AT Overland.
I would like to add a set as well. Would be great to add an awning room/ screen tent to the side for additional privacy and bug free area. I sent a note to @elcoyote asking for an inventory of parts they my have left in stock.

I would like to add a set as well. Would be great to add an awning room/ screen tent to the side for additional privacy and bug free area. I sent a note to @elcoyote asking for an inventory of parts they my have left in stock.

I ended up not buying them because the Horizon I did buy had them already. So I know Mario has at least one set left.

What is everyone doing with their water tank? The trailer I bought didn’t come with the sink or pump just the female threads. Previous owner used a pump operated with D batteries but it isn’t functional with fresh batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online