Trailscape's 06 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
Yeah, I'm leaning toward that. I was looking into powdercoating, but I'm not sure it's really worth it.

It'll be a hell of a lot easier to make any changes before mounting them though.

I like dark color wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I agree with this, but that's just my personal taste. Not sure what it is, but silver wheels always look out of place to me.

Depends on vehicle color. Looks good on silver vehicle imo

trailscape

Explorer
I found this in a search. Pretty close to how mine would look. Still wondering how the backspacing will look. I don't think there will be much difference.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
All oem rims sit to far in for my taste. I do wheel spacers because I prefer oem rims.

Spraymax is as close as you get to the pros. It has a hardener which when activated gives you 48 hours to use it before its no good.

trailscape

Explorer
I'm thinking I'm going to have to pick up some Spidertrax because I'm kind of in the same boat.
I can't justify the cost of aftermarket wheels when so there's so many nice looking OEM wheels people are trying to unload.

I just redid my grill and bug guard with those paints. I'd previously just used Rustoleum. I'm hoping it holds up on the mesh.

Oh yeah, I also used it on my flares after a coating of bedliner spray. It's really shiny.

All oem rims sit to far in for my taste. I do wheel spacers because I prefer oem rims.

Spraymax is as close as you get to the pros. It has a hardener which when activated gives you 48 hours to use it before its no good.

trailscape

Explorer
Looking at the wheels, I've been thinking of painting them a "cement gray" type color.

Also, I need replacements for the rear wheel flare trim that seals against the body. Local dealer wanted $36 each.
Not sure if there's an aftermarket one that's worked for others. Otherwise, I'll order OEM.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I got oem seal but I also get discount at my dealer. Not sure if there is an aftermarket option

smokeysevin

Observer
I am about to paint my truck with this

In the Steel Gray color. I have sprayed it before and its very durable and super forgiving. Cheap too.

If you are still looking for wheel spacers let me know, I have a pair of spidertrax spacers I am not using, one of the wheel studs needs to be replaced though. I would pass them on cheap. I also have a set of the 4wp G2 spacers that I am not using. I have been running a pair of those in the rear of my truck for 3ish years and they have held up great.

Sean

trailscape

Explorer
If you’re looking for a good “cheater bar” I picked up a spare Hi-Lift handle here for $11 bucks. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94