M416 Aluminum 30 lb Lid build

brian90744

American Trekker
Super awesome lid ! Where did you purchase that tub seal? Wanna start making lids? How much for one?
Purchased off EBay, "Super Cap Seal" click on picture of seal it has vender name $32.00 for 23ft. I have around $300.00 in aluminum. and $30.00 in hinge and locks. I already had the paint.
I post above a drawings of a weight bearing aluminum top weight 58lbs. click to enlarge...
So how do you like your FWC ? Probably a lot easier to set up than the RTT(solar tortoise). I hope you strip all the stuff off your M416 to make it light weight as possible. Or did you sell it @ west overland?
happy camping=brian

PS: Sorry the west overland has not started, still I screwed that up like having you married.

Last edited:
Purchased off EBay, "Super Cap Seal" click on picture of seal it has vender name $32.00 for 23ft. I have around $300.00 in aluminum. and $30.00 in hinge and locks. I already had the paint.
The drawings are of a weight bearing aluminum top weight 58lbs. click to enlarge...
So how do you like your FWC ? Properly a lot easier to set up than the RTT(solar tortoise). I hope you strip all the stuff off your M416 to make it light weight as possible. Or did you sell it @ west overland?
happy camping=brian

PS: Sorry the west overland has not started, still I screwed that up like having you married.
I stripped the M416 down and I'm hauling it to OvExPo. If it sells, great! I could use the money.

brian90744

American Trekker
It needs thicker aluminum on the sides and top, see the above plans for a stronger top, which weighs up to 58lbs. I just needed security and dry contents. Thanks for your interest=brian

Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
m416 aluminum lid around 30lbs , this is a repost

easy lightweight lid, I cant see steel lids of 200lbs, why???
brian90744

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles