Possible new supplier of fiberglass composite panels to North America

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hi Folks,

Some great news! After all those weeks of hard work in figuring out the products, markets and legal stuff I can now say that we are OPEN FOR BUSINESS! Yeah . I'm very excited to bring some amazing products and knowledge to the North American overland world!!! Check it out: http://totalcomposites.com
We will add product details and options within the next couple of weeks. Drop us an email if you have any questions.
We will also be at the North West Overland Rally next week if anyone want's to see samples or sit down for a chat. Saying that, we won't have an official booth and I certainly don't want to upset the organizer... we will be low key...

Cheers and again, thank you very much all the feedback!

Andreas

two

As the only supplier of fiberglass sandwich panels in North America you may need to look some more

Last edited:

Victorian

We are getting tons of questions about the assembly method of Fiberglass composite boxes. Well, it's like Lego , just a bit bigger :sombrero:

Have a look at the picture.

IMG_4990.jpg

Victorian

We now have a video online to show how easy it is to assemble our truck bodies. What you see is the dry fitting of a Refrigerator Truck Body, our main product. Take off those rear doors and replace with another wall and you got yourself a Expedition Truck Body! We delivery flat packed to your door.

https://youtu.be/B-2R8zTY82o

ripperj

Explorer
Cool video, so if it was being assembled permanently the adhesive would be applied on the inside extrusion faces? , and that's all that holds it together? Doesn't seem like much surface area, but truck bodies seem to last forever, so it must work!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

Victorian

You are correct. The adhesive will be applied inside the extrusion. It's super easy. This technic has beeing common in the european truck building industry for years. It gives the truck a nice clean look on the outside. No screws or other fasterns needed! I always crinch when I see truck bodies that are peppered with screws and rivets... Every hole you drill could be a potential entry point for water.

Victorian

First off: Thank you very much for all the support and inquiries we receipt from members of this forum! Some truely amazing people here :)
Second: I just got home from visiting our factory in China. It's hard to put into words how impressed I am. I kept telling myself that the picture we have about manufacturing in China is as far off as it can be. I'm sure there must still be places that suck, but it's changing-fast! The people are brilliant, the work place is safe, clean and the the quality is outstanding.
Check out the video I took trying to destroy a panel sample: https://youtu.be/mg63M6DaivE I was hitting this piece as hard as I could without having that wrench bouncing back into my face. After that, I grabbed a crowbar and hit it with the pointy end, yes, that went through... but it would have also gone through aluminum sheeting.
Another interesting fact: While I was there, the shop was assembling a 26' Refrigerator Truck Body. They did it in a couple of hours without big cranes or other fancy equipment. It showed me how easy it would be for a home builder to assemble a box for an expedition truck.

Check out our facebook page in the coming days for pictures and videos!

Victorian

I thought I should write about the most frequent ask questions we are getting about cold bridging, the weight, extrusions and how to close off the corners. The following pictures will speak for them self.
IMG_5499.jpgIMG_5476.jpgIMG_5502.jpgIMG_5494.jpg
The weight is easy to proof, grab a 30mm thick x 9"x9" piece and put it on a scale (263 gram) :) Two pictures show the difference between our fiberglass extrusion and our aluminum extrusions. The fiberglass ones are designed for maximum efficiency in refrigerator trucks, our extrusions make the panels "overlap" and therefore preventing cold and heat transfer. There are some other building methods out there preventing this, but we took it a step further with our in house designed extrusions. With those extrusions, assembly of the truck bodies takes only a fraction of the time compare to others. We are the only ones offering this "system". It's like Lego :) All panels and extrusions are interlocking with each other and increase the strength of the box.
The reason I'm showing the Aluminum extrusions are just to explain the cold bridging... we use them for our dry cargo truck bodies (normal delivery trucks for dry goods).

The corners: this is something a lot of people struggle with, how do you cover and protect the corners? Some builders compose the covers out of several L profiles, custom sized and glued together. We thought this is too time consuming and too difficult to repair/ replace. Ours are a one piece design and fit like a glove.

Of course there are other questions we are getting asked... pricing... how to mount the box to the truck... what windows should be used... delivery times and much more.

I'm wondering what the purpose of the raised section by the edges of the extrusions are for?

I'm more interested in the extrusions than the panels right now. It does seem to be a lot easier to put together than some of the other methods I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94