Possible new supplier of fiberglass composite panels to North America

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
You need to do your own full blown camper build to showcase your products.

Trust me it will hapen as soon as possible. Building a new business and having a 3 month old baby in the house doesn't leave much time and money for toys :) There are several builds under way with our panels, if everything goes well there will be at least 1 at the Expo! Apart from that, there is a lot going on behind the scenes.... Nothing I can talk about publicly, but it very exciting.

Victorian

Long time no update... Sorry about that. We are very busy dealing with customers around the globe! It's very exciting seeing everything taking off. I know people want to see and touch our composite campers in person. There are several being build at the moment in North America, a couple of VERY interesting ones in Australia and some at our factory in China. If everything goes well we will have a handfull at the EXPO in Arizona! For the last 4 months we have been searching for a chassis to build our own Expo Truck. What a learning curve! I came to the conclusion that there is not much available in North America that is suitable for overland truck travel other than Fuso's and former military trucks. In any case, I ended up finding a very nice Mercedes Chassis in Germany. We are in the final stages of getting the shipping figured out. At the same time we are working very hard getting the camper designed and shipped to Canada. Yep, there will be a build thread as soon as we have everything written in stone and the truck is on the boat...
In the mean time, I would like to mention that we will have some extra space available in the container from our factory. If anyone is in need for double pane, insulated windows, doors or panels please let me know and we will forward them to you! This is probably a one time time chance to get our windows without the purchase of a camper body. To sweeten the deal, shipping from our factory to Vancouver, BC Canada will be free! We can freight forward to your location anywhere in North America through Fed Ex Ground at your cost. Please email me directly to figure out pricing.
Specs for the windows can be found here: http://totalcomposites.com/expedition-trucks-rvs/

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Long time no update... Sorry about that. We are very busy dealing with customers around the globe! It's very exciting seeing everything taking off. I know people want to see and touch our composite campers in person. There are several being build at the moment in North America, a couple of VERY interesting ones in Australia and some at our factory in China. If everything goes well we will have a handfull at the EXPO in Arizona! For the last 4 months we have been searching for a chassis to build our own Expo Truck. What a learning curve! I came to the conclusion that there is not much available in North America that is suitable for overland truck travel other than Fuso's and former military trucks. In any case, I ended up finding a very nice Mercedes Chassis in Germany. We are in the final stages of getting the shipping figured out. At the same time we are working very hard getting the camper designed and shipped to Canada. Yep, there will be a build thread as soon as we have everything written in stone and the truck is on the boat...
In the mean time, I would like to mention that we will have some extra space available in the container from our factory. If anyone is in need for double pane, insulated windows, doors or panels please let me know and we will forward them to you! This is probably a one time time chance to get our windows without the purchase of a camper body. To sweeten the deal, shipping from our factory to Vancouver, BC Canada will be free! We can freight forward to your location anywhere in North America through Fed Ex Ground at your cost. Please email me directly to figure out pricing.
Specs for the windows can be found here: http://totalcomposites.com/expedition-trucks-rvs/

What a fantastic offer Andreas!

rruff

Explorer
Hi Andreas, I noticed on your site that kits start at $9900. Can you give us an idea of what that includes, and what a typical kit would end up costing?

Also, what foam are you using in the panels?

Victorian

Hi Andreas, I noticed on your site that kits start at $9900. Can you give us an idea of what that includes, and what a typical kit would end up costing?

Also, what foam are you using in the panels?

Hi rruff,
We have two foam core options: PU and XPS. Most popular is the PU. It's non porous and fairly easy to work with. Pricing depends on a lot of details and there is no simple answer. We calculated the 9900.00 on the the most basic set up for a 10' box. Most customers need internal structure to mount a rack at the rear, need window openings, extra adhesive, internal walls....

Victorian

Couple of people asked me to post pictures of some of our customers rigs here in this thread. There are currently 5 on the road in USA and Europe. Another 20 in different build stages in the USA, Europe and Australia.
20294025_491779787831843_47405682648711762_n.jpg19989508_486816428328179_1400216108957661065_n.jpgIMG_7605.jpg

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I agree with the above.

The blue box, it looks like a pop top, did your company design that? Did you provide the mechanism or design to customer requirements? What does the box/top mating surfaces look like?
Is the rear door the only door?

Additionally, what did your box/truck end up weighing? The blue box weight?

Last edited:

Victorian

I agree with the above.

The cruiser, it looks like a pop top, did your company design that? Did you provide the mechanism or design to customer requirements? What does the box/top mating surfaces look like?
Is the rear door the only door?

Additionally, what did your box/truck end up weighing? The cruiser box weight?

Hey!
The land Rover was a custom build that our customer designed and engineered him self. I don't have much information on the actual pop up roof, subframe or interior. That was all done by the the Bell family. We supplied the panels , extrusions, windows and helped a little bit with the engineering. Best if you contact the owner directly https://www.a2aexpedition.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles